Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Should we promote honda-pilot.org with business cards?

  • Yes, I am interested in buying some to distribute.

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes, but I\'m a cheapskate, so send out a soft copy for me to print and distribute.

    Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No, that\'s what the sticker is for!

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No, leave it up to them to find us.

    Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you want to promote honda-pilot.org to other Pilot owners (or soon to be) using business cards?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
I'd go for something simple and straight-forward. We don't want it to look like an add for sales or some business - that might make the owner toss it aside.

If you're wondering what this is about, visit this thread too.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
...added last line:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Great!

Good looking design...Now how can we put that in a PDF or other format?

COOL!

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
It's almost midnight... here's a quick and dirty stab at something. Comments and suggestions are welcome!!! :4: Replace Kemosabe with your own "username signature" when you leave the card...

I dunno... maybe it's too much? Simple is always good, too!!

Edits made on 04/20/2003 -- made some mods to the image...
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
It's almost midnight... here's a quick and dirty stab at something. Comments and suggestions are welcome!!! :4: Replace Kemosabe with your own "username signature" when you leave the card...

I dunno... maybe it's too much? Simple is always good, too!!
Great job!!!! EXCELLENT color choce I might add!!! :2: :2: :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
While it's a bit early, so far it looks like those preferring a "soft copy" to print out may end up in the majority. In Kemosabe's first draft, he's added his user name to the card, which is a nice touch. However, if we're talking a pdf file format, it can't be edited to add the name; but I guess people could just write in their user name if they wanted to.

Also, the question occurs to me whether most of us would prefer a simple, B&W presentation like tim.s and the admin. have included or something with color and a bit of style, like Kemosabe's. Of course, there's no law that says we couldn't have BOTH styles to choose from.....I wouldn't mind printing out some in color, but others may not wish to do that or may not have access to a color printer.

Anyway, I'll support whatever is the consensus of the board on this issue. The main idea is to get the word out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
kemosabe said:
It's almost midnight... here's a quick and dirty stab at something. Comments and suggestions are welcome!!! :4: Replace Kemosabe with your own "username signature" when you leave the card...

I dunno... maybe it's too much? Simple is always good, too!!
looks nice....but I object to the color of the pilot your honor!!:2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:
However, if we're talking a pdf file format, it can't be edited to add the name; but I guess people could just write in their user name if they wanted to.

Depends on what S/W you have available. It can be edited in Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat Writer (probably others too).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
kemosabe said:
It's almost midnight... here's a quick and dirty stab at something. Comments and suggestions are welcome!!! :4: Replace Kemosabe with your own "username signature" when you leave the card...

I dunno... maybe it's too much? Simple is always good, too!!
I find the font on the black type kind of hard to read.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Ziploc said:
In Kemosabe's first draft, he's added his user name to the card, which is a nice touch. However, if we're talking a pdf file format, it can't be edited to add the name; but I guess people could just write in their user name if they wanted to.
And some may wish to remain annonymous, as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
colorider said:


Depends on what S/W you have available. It can be edited in Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat Writer (probably others too).
Yes, that's true. Just didn't know if most folks would have these on their machines and/or be inclined to take this extra step. It does seem that our board members are a pretty computer literate bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
ramirami said:


looks nice....but I object to the color of the pilot your honor!!:2:
Maybe to please (or not displease) everybody, the Pilot image (if there is one) would have to be B&W.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
Ziploc said:


It does seem that our board members are a pretty computer literate bunch.
as long as the instructions are right:2:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
florida_guy said:

I find the font on the black type kind of hard to read.
I tend to agree with florida_guy about the font...it seems a bit too compressed/narrow for easy reading.

I do like the idea of carrying an image of the Pilot.org sticker!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
Ziploc said:


I tend to agree with florida_guy about the font...it seems a bit too compressed/narrow for easy reading.

I do like the idea of carrying an image of the Pilot.org sticker!
Carefull quoting Florida_guy, next thing you know the card will ned a punch out to join or not join:D :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
N_Jay said:

Carefull quoting Florida_guy, next thing you know the card will ned a punch out to join or not join:D :D :D :D
??? Sorry N_Jay I don't understand what you're trying to say or don't get your joke. Can you please explain for me. :bonk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
florida_guy said:

??? Sorry N_Jay I don't understand what you're trying to say or don't get your joke. Can you please explain for me. :bonk:
Well we were trying to read your VOTE, but it seems to have a hanging chad!
:2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

ok, BAD JOKE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
N_Jay said:


Well we were trying to read your VOTE, but it seems to have a hanging chad!
:2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

ok, BAD JOKE
I think the downloadable version is the best route for many reasons. Not the least of which is that if experience shows that our initial consensus has flaws it's much easier to change it than if we had to order something that has been printed The other big advantage is that more people are likely to do it if all they have to do is print out a few copies and put them in the car.

That's what I would do. Then when I saw that one Pilot in the grocery store lot a while back I would have put one on the windshield.
 
1 - 20 of 197 Posts
Top