Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Design #6

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Design #7

Votes: 7 5.4%

Honda-Pilot License Plate Frames

14K views 119 replies 35 participants last post by  aldrhda 
#1 ·
License plate frames will be chrome with white vinyl stickers at the top and bottom. I've only seen pictures so I can't vouch on the quality of them. They will be made by CafePress.com, so if anyone seen their frames, let us know.

I've come up with 7 simple designs. Let's keep this poll down to the minimum, so we can all agree on a single design. My experience with similar polls is that they usually result in a disagreement and nothing gets produced as a result. However, I'm always open to suggestions.

#9 ·
admin said:
License plate frames will be chrome with white vinyl stickers at the top and bottom. I've only seen pictures so I can't vouch on the quality of them. They will be made by CafePress.com, so if anyone seen their frames, let us know.
Thanks admin for the ideas and getting the ball rolling!!

I guess vinyl stickers is the cheapest option?

My vote would to go for stamped or etched text on the frames for durability and classiness. I'd pay more for that quality.

#11 ·
I actually think there are almost too many choices.. The poll might end up all over the place as for th results but hopefully not..

I picked #2 because I think it is important to be able to get a quick clean view of the website address...

Without the dash as in #7 it is too cluttered, with the home for pilot enthusiasts it is too cluttered and the website appears smaller with #1 and #6 the org looks too light. # 5 emphasizes member more than the website address.

Any idea what the price is estimated at, or I guess it probably depends on the design and number of colors etc huh??

Thanks though for getting something up for vote so quick!!! Too Cool, the ball is in motion!

#12 ·
The price would probably be around $15.

This is the only option that CafePress offers - that is - chrome with vinyl stickers. If we want stamped or etched text, then we are looking at at least $35. Plus we'll have to find a good shop, etc. With CafePress, it's more flexible.

#13 ·
Re: Re: Honda-Pilot License Plate Frames

Pilot4Biking said:

Thanks admin for the ideas and getting the ball rolling!!

I guess vinyl stickers is the cheapest option?

My vote would to go for stamped or etched text on the frames for durability and classiness. I'd pay more for that quality.
I agree that stamped or etched text would be superior, BUT....

In the kind of quantity we're likely talking about here, I'm sure it would be prohibitively expensive, certainly beyond what most folks would be willing to pay. {Edit: I just now see that the Admin. estimates AT LEAST $35}

I think that, realistically, the vinyl/chrome is the best option. OK, we may know it's a vinyl sticker, but I doubt the driver behind us will (shouldn't be close enough to tell, anyway)! :) :) :)

#14 ·
admin said:
The price would probably be around $15.

This is the only option that CafePress offers - that is - chrome with vinyl stickers. If we want stamped or etched text, then we are looking at at least $35. Plus we'll have to find a good shop, etc. With CafePress, it's more flexible.
Thanks for checking on prices. Okay, I guess I wouldn't pay that much more for etching.:rolleyes:

#16 ·
Design 2--Probably acceptable to most

I voted for Design 2 Not that it was my personal favorite, but I suspect that, because it uses neutral color and all the characters are easy-to-read, it should be acceptable to the majority of our site members.

Design 4 would have been a little more promotional, but to my eye, the words are necessarily too small for easy reading by the other guy.

#17 ·
kemosabe said:
Design number 7 doesn't have the hyphen... was that on purpose (since the other 6 have the hyphen)? Was there a consensus to put the hyphen in or leave it out? :confused:
Kemo, in a couple of threads now, the consensus was to leave it in, because that's how it appears in the banner. And some thought the hyphen helped readability.

#18 ·
admin said:

I've come up with 7 simple designs. Let's keep this poll down to the minimum, so we can all agree on a single design. My experience with similar polls is that they usually result in a disagreement and nothing gets produced as a result. However, I'm always open to suggestions.
Ah, I recall CafePress.com was recommended by a couple of our members. It's probably a pretty good choice.

You've certainly given us plenty of choices, with 7 designs to pick from. Something tells me that, this time, a clear-cut winner will emerge from the democratic voting process. [Hear that, florida_guy and our other Florida Piloteers?]

Admin., as I said in the other thread, a sincere THANK YOU!!! for your effort and for getting this together so quickly!

#22 ·
Design 2 Lookin' Good

Well, Admin., looks like Design 2 has pulled away from the pack. How long do you plan for voting to continue?

I will probably be among the first to purchase, since I've still got the dealer promo frames on the car! :awais:

#23 ·
Re: Design 2 Lookin' Good

Ziploc said:
Well, Admin., looks like Design 2 has pulled away from the pack. How long do you plan for voting to continue?

you looks like it...but i guess we should leave it for some more time....with bump up like these :D

#24 ·
Just now got a chance to get on the site today. Just saw the poll... suggest leaving it up a bit longer. Maybe through the weekend for those that can't get on during the week?
Voted for #2!
Ziploc - Thank YOU too for all your efforts here!
Great job to all those involved! :29:

#26 ·
Get those votes in!

OK, folks, anybody out there who HASN'T voted for a frame design, pls. do!!!!

We want this fair and democratic beyond question, to avoid any FLORIDA EPISODES!!!!! :18:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.