Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i need some answer to help me out... I just purchased a 2017 Honda Pilot used vehicle from a dealer it has just 34800 miles. It just only 20 days and the emission light came on so I took it to the dealer from where i purched it they said I have to take it to a honda dealer to get it serviced and recommended me their sister company. So I took it there. The service advisor told me that the factory warranty has expired and asked if i have a added warranty and i said yes i had taken the added warranty when he call the warranty company they told him that the vehicle has not yet completed the 30 days so they cant help now. I called my dealer from where i purchased it and was trying to get in touch with the sale manager but as usual they dont like to be bothered once they have sold the car. I kept trying and later someone called me and said that I had signed a 50/ 50 percent where if anything happens to the car within the first 30 days or 1000 miles. So now they can just pay 50 percent of the cost. The service guy send them an estimate of $1200 so now i have to pay $600 which is not good . Im really looking if someone has any suggestions how should i get this fixed without paying. Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Well i need some answer to help me out... I just purchased a 2017 Honda Pilot used vehicle from a dealer it has just 34800 miles. It just only 20 days and the emission light came on so I took it to the dealer from where i purched it they said I have to take it to a honda dealer to get it serviced and recommended me their sister company. So I took it there. The service advisor told me that the factory warranty has expired and asked if i have a added warranty and i said yes i had taken the added warranty when he call the warranty company they told him that the vehicle has not yet completed the 30 days so they cant help now. I called my dealer from where i purchased it and was trying to get in touch with the sale manager but as usual they dont like to be bothered once they have sold the car. I kept trying and later someone called me and said that I had signed a 50/ 50 percent where if anything happens to the car within the first 30 days or 1000 miles. So now they can just pay 50 percent of the cost. The service guy send them an estimate of $1200 so now i have to pay $600 which is not good . Im really looking if someone has any suggestions how should i get this fixed without paying. Please let me know. Thanks
If you signed a document agreeing to split the costs you likely have no basis to ask for them to cover more than 50 percent. Always read what you sign. Caveat Emptor.

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you signed a document agreeing to split the costs you likely have no basis to ask for them to cover more than 50 percent. Always read what you sign. Caveat Emptor.
Thanks for replying.. well just wanted to know what suppose i take my car back and wait till the 30 days is over and give it back to get it fixed under the additional warranty

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Thanks for replying.. well just wanted to know what suppose i take my car back and wait till the 30 days is over and give it back to get it fixed under the additional warranty
That doesn't sound like a horrible option if the warranty company doesn't have documentation of the issue existing before their warranty takes effect.

Does the 50/50 expire after 30 days? My biggest fear is you could end up holding the bag for 100% if you are outside of the 50/50 period and the warranty denies the claim since they knew it occurred before it took effect.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What state are you in? Do your state perform emission test? If so, the repair is free due to the federal extended emission warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in virginia... but this vechical did not fail the emmission test. It was a pre owned car and the the engine light came on after a 20 days of purchase

·
Registered
885 Posts
Your car may still be under the factory 36 month 36000 mile warranty, which would cover the injectors. You need to find out the original in service date for the vehicle. This is when it was first sold and the warranty began on that date. You also need to check for your individual state emission warranty coverage by Honda. Some states only provide the 36/36, others up to 7 or 8 years. Here is a copy from the 2017 warranty book regarding the emission warranty for all states, with other states adding even more time and miles.

The Federal emissions warranties cover these emissions systems on your Honda. • Crankcase Control System • Evaporative and Refueling Emissions Control Systems • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System • Exhaust System • Ignition System • Fuel Injection System • OBD System • Transmission Control System • Intake Air System • Valve Control System • Hybrid Powertrain System (includes Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) System) Coverage on components in these systems may vary by vehicle model and location. The coverages are: • 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, basic coverage, with extended coverage on selected components

1 - 7 of 7 Posts