Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some info on the internet where some Honda vehicles have some easter eggs included.

Does Honda do this for every vehicle or is it just random?

Anyone seen anything for the 2019 Pilot?

·
Registered
83 Posts
What Easter eggs are you talking about? In general, the only Easter egg that has really been identified and discussed is the Jellybean splash screen/mini-game hidden in the Android software of the Infotainment System. There may be others out there, but that is the only one I've really seen.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The Only one I have ever seen was the one that ...once you walk outside from the dealership and realize how much money you just spent on a product that's over priced for the quality of workmanship that Honda Offers.

It's the BAM you got suckered Egg

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
there was a whole thread on this issue ..sounds like the Admins are cleaning house ...I noticed a lot of my own threads are deleted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Easter eggs are you talking about? In general, the only Easter egg that has really been identified and discussed is the Jellybean splash screen/mini-game hidden in the Android software of the Infotainment System. There may be others out there, but that is the only one I've really seen.
I have heard of this one and other easter eggs with other vehicles as well. i guess i was wondering if they put one in every year and model or if it is just a sporadic thing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
there was a whole thread on this issue ..sounds like the Admins are cleaning house ...I noticed a lot of my own threads are deleted.

I must have missed that thread.

I have heard of this one and other easter eggs with other vehicles as well. i guess i was wondering if they put one in every year and model or if it is just a sporadic thing.

I'm sure there is something like that going on; however, the one from my 2016 and the one in the 2017 headunit I put into my 2016 was identical. Really makes me wonder why the 2016 doesn't have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay even though they're the same operating system. Perhaps hardware is different; but, I didn't do a detailed comparison when I had them both out of the car to see.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
I must have missed that thread.

I'm sure there is something like that going on; however, the one from my 2016 and the one in the 2017 headunit I put into my 2016 was identical. Really makes me wonder why the 2016 doesn't have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay even though they're the same operating system. Perhaps hardware is different; but, I didn't do a detailed comparison when I had them both out of the car to see.
The only time I ever got a message from a verifiable person at Honda through this board, was on the subject of Carplay and AA.

Bottom line, CP/AA was in the spec sheet for 2016. But then Apple changed the system requirements killing the option at the very last minute.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only time I ever got a message from a verifiable person at Honda through this board, was on the subject of Carplay and AA.

Bottom line, CP/AA was in the spec sheet for 2016. But then Apple changed the system requirements killing the option at the very last minute.

So, the issue is software related? Or, it is hardware? As in, the hardware does not meet the Apple system requirements? If that is the case, why was Android Auto also not available for the 2016 too?

I know these are questions you will probably not be able to answer; but, as with most on here, it is a very odd issue when the two seem near identical. But, WTH do I know? I can't even get my compass to work right now with the 2017 swap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Only one I have ever seen was the one that ...once you walk outside from the dealership and realize how much money you just spent on a product that's over priced for the quality of workmanship that Honda Offers.

It's the BAM you got suckered Egg

I can relate! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts