Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased 2010 honda pilot ex-L that unknown to me, had a corroded backup camera that needed replacing. After months of back n forth with dealer, now need to resolve on own. So I have been looking for the camera itself and everywhere is looking like $300 for camera with assembly. I trying to find a cheaper option here for a camera that will fit, any ideas. Not trying to buy the whole assembly if dont have to. Plus save $$$. The part # for OEM rear camera is 39530-sza-a110z-m1 if need for reference.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you tried going to a junk yard? Not sure where you live but where I am. We have yards called U PULL IT.
Basically, go there with some tools and take your part. Not sure what they'll charge but theres always room to negotiate taking a part from a crashed car that youre not sure my not work....get my drift?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried going to a junk yard? Not sure where you live but where I am. We have yards called U PULL IT.
Basically, go there with some tools and take your part. Not sure what they'll charge but theres always room to negotiate taking a part from a crashed car that youre not sure my not work....get my drift?
Thanks!! I was looking at junkyards but was looking at their online inventory for parts n didn't think of looking for u pull it yards. Forgot about that, thanks!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just FYI, the 2012-15 camera is an Alpine, not sure about 2009-11. But I suspect same. If you get an Alpine, they aren't exactly cheap ($150 for HCE-C1100) but they fit the OEM mounting bracket 100% exactly. Also, most add-on cameras run on 12V, while Alpines run on 6-8V, and that is what head unit in a 2013 provides... not really sure about 2010. If you look around this forum, there are other threads about cameras where I posted the pinout for the connector at the mirror.
Oh, just found this: Alpine P-CAM Rear View Camera with 132 Degree Viewing Angle: Amazon.ca: Electronics That's pretty much what Pilot has OEM.

Sure, if you can find a camera at a junkyard, awesome - but if not, you need to look something of the same form factor as that Alpine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts