Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’ve test driven the Highlander and Pilot.
Both have all the safety features one would want..... I’m leaning towards the Pilot, as I tend to like Honda vs. Toyota and also prefer the exterior/interior more (aesthetically)..... but I have 1 big major concern......
  1. I’ve read so many negative reviews about the Pilots 9-speed transmission and the push button gear selector, as well as the idle-stop feature - our option to get around his with the Pilot is to go for the EX-L trim to get the 6-speed, but then we lose the bucket seats, end up with “lane watch” instead of the blind spot indicators & rear cross traffic sensor.....
Our intention is to drive this SUV for a long while. Family is young and it would be nice to keep whatever we buy for 5-8 years at minimum.
Can any 2017/2018 owners chime in..... those who have a Touring (and Elite in the USA)..... do you / have you had any issues with the transmission and/or idle-stop? Am I being too concerned about this issue based on the reviews I’ve read?

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
From what I've read, all 2021 Pilots are 9-speed.
I would avoid using the idle start/stop feature. It puts a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on a vehicle to boost fuel economy, but the owner will pay it all back and more repairing later. Can you get used to pressing the button to turn it off each time you start up?
For longevity reasons, I prefer vehicles with less features. I would choose a 9-speed LX, EX-L or SE. 2wd drive vehicles have less issues and maintenance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.