Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, intermittently but not often we get a whirring or grinding sound on the drivers side in the front engine area. Has anybody else had this? We took it to the dealership and as per murphys law, they cannot make the pilot replicate the sound but the dislocated the drive line temporarily and are having me drive it around to see if I can still hear the noise. So I'm in the process of trying to figure it out. Definitely not a loose belt issue. I'll keep you all updated.

Update 2/24/2020 - After driving with the driveline disconnected, I never heard the noise at all after 3 days of driving it. Took it back to the dealership and they connected it back and one of the technicians took it for a good long ride and heard the sound but could not isolate where it is coming from. So at this point it has been returned to me. I have about 28k miles on this but with extended warrantee. They will want me to bring it back if it gets worse.

The noise happens at intermittent times if I have it on cruise control on a straight road or off cruise control accelerating or coasting. Again, I will continue to update this post when more happens.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had a chunk of the ice that once form on the top of a cross member that was making a grinding noise on the central drive shaft.. took me two days to find it as it was only visible from the front.. so as long as I was leaning under from behind, I could not see it...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, intermittently but not often we get a whirring or grinding sound on the drivers side in the front engine area. Has anybody else had this? We took it to the dealership and as per murphys law, they cannot make the pilot replicate the sound but the dislocated the drive line temporarily and are having me drive it around to see if I can still hear the noise. So I'm in the process of trying to figure it out. Definitely not a loose belt issue. I'll keep you all updated.
Does it occur when you are cruising and just slightly give it gas?

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Updated my post.
Slap me up side my head with a service manual, but I'm a little confused as to what the procedure of "disconnecting the driveline" is. Anyone else as confused as me?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I just assumed that meant they disconnected the driveshaft at the transfer case?

I'm not a huge fan of "take it home and drive it and bring it back when it gets worse". I'm a bigger fan of "yes there's a problem here's a loaner we will call you when we figure it out and get it done".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts