Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought new 2018 Honda Pilot Ex-L with honda sensing around 10 days before, when i drive with ECO mode OFF for performance i still see poor acceleration/performance, need to hard press gas and could very much feel gear shifting until it reaches around 40.

But when i drove my friend car same year/model but few months old i dont feel gear shift and its very smoothness when accelerating.

Took my car to nearest dealer to find if there is some problem, but they ran some test and said there is no issue.

I am little worried, Could someone please help/suggest if this is normal or anyone had problem before.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi all,

I bought new 2018 Honda Pilot Ex-L with honda sensing around 10 days before, when i drive with ECO mode OFF for performance i still see poor acceleration/performance, need to hard press gas and could very much feel gear shifting until it reaches around 40.

But when i drove my friend car same year/model but few months old i dont feel gear shift and its very smoothness when accelerating.

Took my car to nearest dealer to find if there is some problem, but they ran some test and said there is no issue.

I am little worried, Could someone please help/suggest if this is normal or anyone had problem before.?

Thanks.

Install a VZ Muzzler. If that doesn't help with performance there's always the dealer accessory Graphics Package. lol

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F30-TG7.html

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks.
You may want to give it some time and mileage, like at least over 1,000, then try it again. It may perform better after break-in period.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh,Thanks for the info.. Got worried when service dealer said this is the behavior, also there is no break-in period for honda. But i was doubtful as with/without ECO mode there were no big difference and pickup was lacking too much, and hence asked for some suggestion in this forum.
Let me wait for some more time and hopefully it changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts