Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have around 80,000 miles just had a maintenance check up about a month ago. The blower on my ac/ heater fan was out and was replaced.
Yesterday temps were in the 105-110 range driving around and waiting sitting in car with ac on. When I got home shut car off fans still blowing. Waited 30min. still blowing. Started car then shut off did not indicate any problems no overheating. Still blowing. Waited another 30 min. Went for short drive came back still blowing. Checked through manual not addressed. Called roadside service they couldn't even come out and flat out refused to disconnect battery. Fan ran 12 hours couldn't start car assume battery dead. It seemed fans still blowing even after battery died.

Called dealer this AM said need to bring car in to check problem no hints as to how to stop fans.

Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
268 Posts
What fans are remaining on? The radiator fans in the engine bay or the HVAC blower fans in the cabin?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
If it happens again, you can just disconnect the battery +ve terminal and then the battery would not drain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts