Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2014 Honda Pilot, I bought it brand new. It started having paint peeling problems as small spots in the paint and it continued growing to cover almost all the roof and the front car hood. I took the car to 3 different body paint shop and the 3 owners told me that the paint problem that my car has it the same as many other Honda Pilots that they have painted because of a Honda Paint problem and they advised me about Honda's paint recall. I started searching over the Internet and I found many other owners with the same problem as me. I called my local Honda dealer and they asked $90 dollars for a paint estimate. One of the managers told me to write a letter to Honda of America, which I did. I wrote them explaining every single detail about the paint peeling and included many pictures. One of their reps, not very friendly by the way, called me and told me that my VIN number was not included on the paint recall. I explained her everything and I told her that how it was possible that my car is having the same problem as the other Pilots on the recall and just because it was not included in the recall they are not be able to help me. In a rude way, she just repeat over and over that my car was not included on the recall and that she can not do anything about it, I asked her for a manager and told me that there was no one to help me and that the Honda of America customer service was my only channel for help.
The body shops charges over $1,200 to paint the roof and the front hood and advised me to do it because the car can start to rust and It will be wasted. I do not know what else to do so Honda can accept the responsibility that they DO have a paint problem and that my car DOES have it. This is my second Honda car, and I did not have this problem with my Accord. I will never ever ever will buy another Honda again and I have told everyone who wanted to buy an Honda NOT do it. I have always gave great maintenance to this car and it is unbearable that Honda do not want to help me in any way. I trusted Honda and Honda failed me BIG when they decline to help me. Thumbs down to HONDA!!!! #hondaofamerica #hondapilotpaintrecall

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Wow that is some damage! I have not seen clear failure like that on a second gen Pilot, especially to that extent!

Where is the vehicle located? How is the weather there? How have you maintained the finish?

The fact is you are out of bumper to bumper warranty and only Taffeta White was part of the recall. I haven't seen any other color with a failure like this which leads me to think it is environmental.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts