Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AC door actuator was bad making clicking noise a few months ago. I was lazy,didn't fix it, just disconnected the electrical connector inside the center console. Last week I noticed the mileage started to go down gradually, eventually stayed at about 12MPG. I was really puzzled after checking a lot of things had no idea what had went wrong. Today I turned off the ac, reset the meter went out for a while now the mileage went up to 21 MPG. Now I know the problem is related to the AC, but how can the AC make such a big difference? Do you guys have any idea? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Open the rear end of center console and reconnect the rear AC, open the heat and cool to the max for the front and rear ac for several minutes, then turn it off and on for several times. This has fixed the clicking noise of the ac door actuator. Take it out for a drive, now the mileage is up to 21 mpg. I guess the disconnecting of rear ac has messed up the on board computer.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Maybe make sure the ac clutch is engaged and disengaging. I think there was a relay that’s common to go bad that keeps it engaged. Maybe something to consider and look at.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts