Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new in piloteers,i have a problem whit my honda pilot 2009,its been having a bad mpg around 12 mpg,i buy a scanner on ebay but i kinda new whit it, so i don't know much about it, anyway,i scann the pilot and saids random misfires but there's no codes,i see the egr valve saids 92.2% error,i already change spark plugs,put new coils,new injectors,new timmin belt and water pump,i clean the map and maf sensor,i clean the intake and tb too,the only issue whit the pilot its the real bad mpg,what can it be?
Any help will be really appreciatte

·
Registered
29 Posts
How many miles on your pilot? Do you have a rough idle? It could be that your EGR is stuck open giving you the poor MPG. You should also notice some knocking and pining upon acceleration. You might want to take it out and give it a good cleaning. In my experience some carbon can cause it to bind up. Take note at idle the EGR valve should be fully closed. A bad EGR stuck open can mimic a vacuum leak causing a misfire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 177686m,doesn't have a rough idle,i already take out the egr valve and cleaned but still throwing random misfires in all 6 cil.
But idles fine and run good,but it have's the real bad mpg,i read about the valve ajustment but i don't know if my pilot really need it
Thanks for the response

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you actually test the EGR with a voltmeter. Even though its clean it still might be busted. , If its reading 92.2% error, its likely stuck open. Also next thing I would check is leaky valves, Possible oil is leaking down onto the plugs causing the misfire. Also do a compression test and leak down test to further eliminate causes. I usually adjust my valves when I change the timing belt. Also low fuel pressure can cause misfires.

Remember when troubleshooting the engine needs 3 things basically, Compression, Spark, and Fuel. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i didn't,im goin to check the egr whit the voltimeter and maibe replace it and check the compression,leak down test
Thanks for your advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts