Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed the ownerlink banner up top, honda at least knows this is a good site to advertise on so maybe theyll see some of the rattles and scrunches are really a problem....probably not but I did think it was funny theyd advertise here, this is a hell of a better site then they have, according to them There are to recalls for my vehicle ummm waterpump comes to mind, oh well enough of my little rant

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think Ownerlink is fantastic! If nothing other then the fact I can pay my American Honda lease on line through Ownerlink!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The Owner Link is pretty nice ... but doesn't seem to have a whole lot of usable information ... Mostly alot of common sense, vehicle maintenance stuff ... Maybe eventually it will have more specific info tailored to my vehicle ...

PrG

·
Registered
263 Posts
What should Honda add?

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Full online customer service that provides the ability to ask a general or technical question and get a correct and comprehensive answer, as well as the ability to open, update, and track new vehicle warranty issues as well as Honda Care claims.

2. Access to records of all service performed at any Honda dealer during the time I have owned the vehicle. I should only have to enter records of service performed elsewhere.

3. Timely access to all recall information. Last I checked, the water pump recall wasn't even mentioned.

4. Access to all service bulletins for the vehicle, including new model info and PDI.

5. Access to parts and accessories catalogs, including the ability to place an order and have it shipped or arrange pick up at a dealer.

Now that I think about it, this is more or less in priority order.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: Honda Owner Link

Dpitt232 said:
Anyone register at the Honda Owner Link site, which shows up on a banner on this site? Is it run by Honda? They want your vin and radio ID number too.
Scam or worth it?
http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/
Thanks
I registered for it. It's run by Honda. Pretty cool if it keeps us up to date with any recalls, etc. I put my radio ID in there in case I lost it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you have a lease or finance through American Honda Finance Corp. it will allow you to make your payment on line for no charge! Besides that, you can answer questions on recall's, updates, service schedule, etc.........

IMO, it is far from a rip off, but a useful tool to have with ownership of my Honda!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I like it...will show maintainence..store my vin and radio code...and allows me to make payments to honda finance

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yes, it's legit. You can link to it from the Hondacars.com website. I check it periodically for recall information. Though I bet the info would show up here just as soon.
It's a good, accessible place to store your radio code.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
tim.s said:
Yes, it's legit. You can link to it from the Hondacars.com website. I check it periodically for recall information. Though I bet the info would show up here just as soon.
It's a good, accessible place to store your radio code.
I use it too - but I'm not sure I would put a lot of faith in the recall information. I'm registered with both my Pilot and my Honda ST1100 motorcycle and when I verify recall information on the ST, it tells me that it is not affected by the automatic transmission recall. DUH!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
That's why I implied I'd see the info here just as soon or even first. After all I check this site at least once per day...okay so maybe two times per day...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
recall info

To my knowledge, no info on the water pump recall has ever appeared on OwnerLink.

·
Registered
32 Posts
OwnerLink

Who belongs to OwnerLink? Is membership worth anything?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Membership is free - it's a Honda site. If you have Honda financing you can check and make payments on the site. You just need a VIN to register. You can also store your radio code there.

There is misc info about service, care, etc... and Honda is supposed to post recall info.

Here are some other threads: FYI: Honda ownerlink, Honda ownerlink,

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm a member of it. You can pay your payment through it but I don't. I use my bank site to pay it then a couple days later check to make sure Honda got the payment. Plus like Tim said they are suppose to put recall info and other services that your VIN falls into in for you.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Letter

Did anyone else receive a letter similar to the one I received below? Strange how they finally send me one after I've owned the Pilot for over 8 months now!!! And, they have a Promotion Code on the letter -- I could've sworn that the site was FREE... perhaps it's just a tracking mechanism for TPTB to know how successful their "letter-to-owners" marketing campaign was...???

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
i have'nt got it...how come Honda keeps sending you MD folks all the garbage.....:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes Kemo I just got one last week as well.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I got one last week after 10 months of ownership, and I've been registered with Ownerlink almost as long.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts