Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking to Costco. Buying winter tires from them, getting Honda OEM wheels and TPMS sensors myself. The TMPS sensors are same Honda OEM part number as stock in this gen Pilot. Mine is 2017.

Costco wants $15/tire to install and reprogram the sensors (mounting and balancing tires is $50 total for all 4). Do these sensors (same part # as current wheels) need reprogramming at all, if anybody knows?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Don't know about your generation, but 1st gen Pilot TPMS sensors do not need to be "reprogrammed." Just drive and they work.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tire pressure may need to be reprogrammed on the TPMS system if the winters are different pressure than the all season tires. Mine are, 35psi for the 20” all seasons and 32psi for the winters. Now to figure out how to do it myself. Hopefully it doesn’t require the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No reprogramming needed for my 2018 Pilot, bought a winter tire/wheel set from Tire Rack for last winter. The new sensors were picked up immediately.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Honda OE sensors do not need programmed to work with the vehicle nor does the vehicle need to be programmed to work with the sensors - they will be recognized automatically after driving. Dealers can use the HDS to "force learn" new sensors to the vehicle so that it doesn't have to be driven, but that's not required.

The pressure threshold at which the low tire warning appears cannot be changed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I concur they don't need programming, I bought Bridgestone winter tires and Honda OEM sensors and they worked within 10-15 minutes

·
Registered
96 Posts
$15 just seems liek a standard Costco charge to install them. they don't actually do reprogramming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts