Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a reliable mechanic in NYC or NJ to get my 2009 Honda Pilot checked out. I believe I need a valve adjustment, and I have also had P0171 and P0174 codes for about a year. I have replaced all O2 sensors, cleaned the MAF sensor, EGR valve, and throttle body. I would greatly appreciate any advice!

· Registered
05 EX-L
549 Posts
Your problem is either too much air, or not enough fuel. Could be fuel related, but more likely you have an air leak. You have checked the large tube between the throttle body and air filter. Did you check the vacuum hoses that are surrounding and attached to it? A crack on one of them, or one that got disconnected? Sometimes if you have a good ear you can hear the whistle sound from the air getting sucked in. There is a dangerous way to check for vacuum leaks that is easy, or a safer way to do it, but requires a smoke machine, or diy smoke machine.
If you want a mechanic. I would first start by checking google for Honda Mechanic. Make sure you find one that has good reviews, and works on Honda only. Try to avoid the we do it all shops that say they specialize in Honda. You might get lucky, but I wouldn't risk it. Try to find a shop that works on Honda specific, or Japanese specific.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your problem is either too much air, or not enough fuel. Could be fuel related, but more likely you have an air leak. You have checked the large tube between the throttle body and air filter. Did you check the vacuum hoses that are surrounding and attached to it? A crack on one of them, or one that got disconnected? Sometimes if you have a good ear you can hear the whistle sound from the air getting sucked in. There is a dangerous way to check for vacuum leaks that is easy, or a safer way to do it, but requires a smoke machine, or diy smoke machine.
If you want a mechanic. I would first start by checking google for Honda Mechanic. Make sure you find one that has good reviews, and works on Honda only. Try to avoid the we do it all shops that say they specialize in Honda. You might get lucky, but I wouldn't risk it. Try to find a shop that works on Honda specific, or Japanese specific.
A mechanic told me it could be fuel pump, Fuel filter, or fuel pressure regulator? Could this be true? I’m thinking about checking for vacuum leaks with a smoke machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts