Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Honda isn't using latest software in pilot

1104 24
Till now I thought we got same software as Accord but just on smaller screen. From today's review it seems like the software is older as well. That's a blow. Hopefully pilot gets it next year like they did on previous gen where they updated infotainment to have android auto/apple car play capability.

Mentioned at 28:00
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
I'm sure that the Pilot and Accord were developed at the same time. Why the Accord got the bigger screen and not the Pilot is weird. All the reviewers are complaining about the small screen. I hope Honda doesn't wait three years to update it. In three years, a 12.3" screen will be considered small.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure that the Pilot and Accord were developed at the same time. Why the Accord got the bigger screen and not the Pilot is weird. All the reviewers are complaining about the small screen. I hope Honda doesn't wait three years to update it. In three years, a 12.3" screen will be considered small.
They probably being worried to step in to pilot territory.

· Registered
292 Posts
This reviewer says that it is the latest software at about 3:21 of this. Let the contoversy begin!!! Also, lots of Trailsport on-road driving. I'm getting comfortable that it will be good on-road.

TheTopher

· Registered
22 Posts
I can't possibly be the only one who doesn't give a shit that the Pilot screen isn't Tesla sized.

I'm buying the car to drive it, not play on an iPad while I should be driving.
I agree. Also, I personally don't like that the screen is not integrated into the dash so if it has to sit on top I'd rather it be smaller than larger.

· Registered
15 Posts
I agree. Also, I personally don't like that the screen is not integrated into the dash so if it has to sit on top I'd rather it be smaller than larger.
For me it seems like a controversy generated by car reviewers.

It's pretty quick to simply look at the differences between the Pilot and the competition and simply claim that that's some monstrous oversight.

I do agree an in-dash one would have been preferable but it's current size shouldn't be an issue for any but the shortest drivers.

· Registered
22 Posts
For me it seems like a controversy generated by car reviewers.

It's pretty quick to simply look at the differences between the Pilot and the competition and simply claim that that's some monstrous oversight.

I do agree an in-dash one would have been preferable but it's current size shouldn't be an issue for any but the shortest drivers.
Agreed. The 9 inch is big enough for good camera views and other necessary interaction. I prefer it to anything larger. Or at least no taller on the dash. Wider might be ok if it's done like the Genesis models and the QX60.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This reviewer says that it is the latest software at about 3:21 of this. Let the contoversy begin!!! Also, lots of Trailsport on-road driving. I'm getting comfortable that it will be good on-road.

TheTopher
Lol, that's exactly what I was watching on second screen. I wonder if anyone going to compare on road feel between 3, sport/EX-L, trailsport, touring/elite.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed. The 9 inch is big enough for good camera views and other necessary interaction. I prefer it to anything larger. Or at least no taller on the dash. Wider might be ok if it's done like the Genesis models and the QX60.
Thing is new android auto and probably soon car play started using split view. I would rather have wider display (so "bigger" display) but not something that's scaled and big.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

TheTopher
Looked more in to details, definitely looks like completely different system. Seems like Accord's system built on Google Automotive Services (GAS). The one pilot is same as in every other Honda model.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
I feel like this is a trick question... both in my opinion.

Personally the size of the screen means less to me than the functionality of it. If the software is smooth or one stands out with some feature among its competitive set it might push me over the edge to one vehicle over the other but just size alone does very little for me.

Reactions: bs0755
1 - 20 of 25 Posts