Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wondering if Honda has fixed the noise problem with the hood edge protector... Did not know it was a problem and ordered one with my Pilot that is coming in October...

Let me know if I should cancel this air defector..

thanks

rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
gopilot said:
Hi guys, just wondering if Honda has fixed the noise problem with the hood edge protector... Did not know it was a problem and ordered one with my Pilot that is coming in October...
Let me know if I should cancel this air defector..
thanks
rob
You should definitely cancel it. Although I still think it's the installation problem and not the product's defect, to avoid any problems, you should cancel it and get an aftermarket deflector, such as Form Fit or Perfect Fit.

I've had nothing but grief with my OEM deflector. What's worse with the OEM one is that they actually have to drill holes into your hood to intsall it, whereas with the ones I mentioned don't. There are some people, such as smitman in this forum, who have not experienced any problems with theirs. It seems there are far too many incompetent installers employeed at Honda dealers who botch up the installation with the OEM deflector.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hood Edge Protector

Do not order the Honda hood edge protector until and unless it is redesigned. It will cause you nothing but grief. I was lucky enough to convince my dealer to take it back after 5,000 whistling kms. I still have the holes that were drilled under the hood to prove it.

Don't have any experience with the after-market alternatives but the reports have been positive for the Form Fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Consider the Formfit and Call Tim at HondaAcuraWorld to order. SoapPlant did a review on this too.

Had the Honda deflector, what a mistake. Poor fit and wind noise.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Hood Edge Protector

mredden said:
Do not order the Honda hood edge protector until and unless it is redesigned. It will cause you nothing but grief. I was lucky enough to convince my dealer to take it back after 5,000 whistling kms. I still have the holes that were drilled under the hood to prove it.

Don't have any experience with the after-market alternatives but the reports have been positive for the Form Fit.

Thanks guys for the advise, goiing to cancel it and look into a formfit...(Man it is sure nice to have message boards like this one) so.. after 5000km,, hows you pilot? any major complaints and or positive things?

did take on on an 1 hour test drive and honestly... I loved it... only thing i found was Honda used some cheap stuff like back AC vents (Can't believe Honda would do that, but they did)

Struts do make a bit of noise, but nothing major,,, hopefully by October they worked these bugs out...

thanks again for the info everyone..

rob

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Hood Edge Protector

mredden said:

When your dealer uninstalled the wind deflector, did they do anything to those holes to patch or repair them? Or did they just leave those rivnuts in there? Also, did you notice any knicks, scratches or cracks around where they had to drill the holes resulting from say a slip of the drillgun? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts