Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love to see this type of thing. Let the EVs roll! I’m assuming an EV Pilot or equivalent is an inevitability at some point and I would be first in line to check one out.

Even though I just bought my 2019 lol!

2019 Pilot EX-L Navi (Black)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Too bad our Energy Production infrastructure as of now, WON'T keep up with recharging 75% + EV vehicles.
Where does that energy come from anyways? Solar? Wind? Natural gas burning? Coal burning? Nuclear?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Too bad our Energy Production infrastructure as of now, WON'T keep up with recharging 75% + EV vehicles.
Where does that energy come from anyways? Solar? Wind? Natural gas burning? Coal burning? Nuclear?
And the energy required to manufacture the millions of Li Ion battery packs that are not recyclable. We need better energy cells if this tech is going to be really beneficial for the environment.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
This is nothing new as my 07 Saturn vue had the Honda j35 engine with the 5 speed AT. just like the Pilots.
funny how this news from a few months ago still comes up.
Honda got something from GM that it needed in Europe. Small Diesel engines.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
And the energy required to manufacture the millions of Li Ion battery packs that are not recyclable. We need better energy cells if this tech is going to be really beneficial for the environment.
NOT to mention the environmental impact of mining for those rare metals they use also.

Reactions: Hondamon

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Whatever happened to the Honda Clarity and the hydrogen fuel cell concept? That seemed to have much better long term promise than pure EVs.
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I remember Ballard fuel cells that were actually tested on some buses and also a local company, Fuel Cell Technologies who were developing small hydrogen fuel cells for home use. No mention of them now.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
It could eventaully come from Québec's vast and renewable hydroelectric infrastructures and independently "firewalled" grid, which also supplies most of the northeast US.

Texas' grid is independent too, but recent events have shown it to be less than reliable, and they implement Uber-like surge pricing.

But I'm with those who are holding out for hydrogen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts