Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who manufacturers the XM system currently being offered as a dealer installed option?

It's rather expensive versus the universal types. Also, the display module is fitted into a bracket available from Honda that fits below the Heat/AC unit, thus creating a nicer looking way to have XM without having to retrofit.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
stmint said:
Who manufacturers the XM system currently being offered as a dealer installed option?

It's rather expensive versus the universal types. Also, the display module is fitted into a bracket available from Honda that fits below the Heat/AC unit, thus creating a nicer looking way to have XM without having to retrofit.
It appear to be nearly identical to the Alpine XMA-T200RF Satellite Radio Package . The only difference appears that there are plugs on the power cables for the OEM kit.

The OEM or Alpine XMA-T200RF Satellite Radio Package Display Controller can not be installed in the dash or a RES or NAVI though.

You would save money by purchasing the Alpine XMA-T200RF Satellite Radio, a Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX ALP V.1 interface , the OEM XM Attachment Kit (P/N 08B15-S9V-100) & the OEM Din Bezel (P/N 08B23-S9V-100A).

This thread may help you.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't get the Bezel unless you have an open hole in the dash
or are willing to carve up your "Not an Ashtray". On my RES
system I ended up mounting the display unit with velcro under
the DVD player disc slot.

I did use the Alpine XM radio, Blitz Safe adapter and OEM mounting
kit for the install. Definitely get the mounting kit. Installation is
simple.