Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which means if you like the factory wheels on the Element you see contact your dealer or other honda websites that sale OEM equipment. I sunk my pilot yesterday and i believe i will need a new motor and all new interior. I used my USAF Hummvee to pull it out. The water was as high as the bottom of the fuel fill door, And NO it does not float no matter how much it cost. It is at the dealer getting worked on and i will keep you all informed

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I love my Pilot..but I gotta tell ya the Element is one UGLY machine!!! :25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25: :25:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
romad01 said:
...I sunk my pilot yesterday and i believe i will need a new motor and all new interior. I used my USAF Hummvee to pull it out...
Sorry to hear about your sinking Pilot. :(
Where did you hook on to it to pull it out? ...and what are you doing with a USAF Hummvee?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ouch!

Wow, that would really suck!

I know it is bad Karma or maybe just inconsiderate...but...got any pictures of the downed Pilot?

Don

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: of the new Honda Pilot U- Boat

Well i have a USAF Hummvee as my work vehicle. Cause i am a forward air controller for the USAF. And I'm sorry i don't have any pics, i wish i did i didn't have a camera handy at the time. Sorry!!! To pull it out i used the black hook under the driver side rear bumper.
So what do you all think about the Element rims featured in the picture.. Do you think they would look nice on the pilot...

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
romad01 said:
. . . I sunk my pilot yesterday and i believe i will need a new motor and all new interior. I used my USAF Hummvee to pull it out. The water was as high as the bottom of the fuel fill door, . . . .
Was the engine running?
Did it take water in through the intake, or just in the exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Repsonse to N_Jay

Yes, the engine was running and as soon as it submerged in the water it died. And when i would try to start it, the engine did not even want to turn over. The next day i took out the plugs and coils and tried to start it, so that it would shoot the water in the motor out, which oh my gosh was there alot of water in it. There was also alot of water in the the intake pipe from the air filter to the fuel injector thottle body. And then when i put the plugs back in and tryed to start it, the engine would turn but not start and while it was trying the exhaust pipe looked like a fire hose shooting out so much water, After most of the water was out it started, but i could hear that something was not right, i could hear that something was bent or broken (possibly the piston connecting rod) So needless to say i will need a new engine and interior.. later romad01

SO LESSON #1 which i already knew!! WATER DOES NOT COMPRESS

·
Registered
166 Posts
I sunk my pilot yesterday and i believe i will need a new motor and all new interior

I bet that's not covered under the warrenty. :D

Seriously, I would have thought the insurnace company would just write off the vehicle. They almost did that to my old Dodge Shadow when the apt. owners where I lived decided to test their sprinker by dumping water in my car.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Repsonse to N_Jay

romad01 said:
Yes, the engine was running and as soon as it submerged in the water it died.
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad luck! :(

I do want you to know that it was not completely in vain though.

I was very seriously considering buying a Pilot. However, now that I know that it will stop running from a minor little thing like being submerged in water I'm obviously going to seriously reconsider.:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to last reponse

Well i was not just a puddle, it was very deep while sitting in the vehicle the water was about at my mid shin bone. And i love my pilot and i would suggest one to anybody. The front end of the pilot was submerged a bit more. And just to let you know that any vehicle that goes that deep in water will do the same thing cause. Like i previously stated any vehicle motor can not compress water. So you should reconsider getting a Pilot. The only way a vehicle would not do the same is unless it had a sealed engine with a deep water fording kit. Like if you ever see the military Hummers with a big pipe sticking off the passenger side of the hood which is the air filter/ intake pipe and a exhaust pipe that extends to a bit above the roof of the hummer. I know for a fact that you would be happy with a New pilot. I would buy another if something ever happened to mine... Well good luck if you do not decide to get a pilot.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
romad01 - I like the career field that you're in...

USAF = United States Air Force
TACP = Theater Air Control Party
ROMAD = Current acronym, Reconnaissance Observe, Mark And Destroy

Thanks for your dedicated service to our country!!! :cool: (Again, sorry to hear about your U-Boar accident...) :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: to last reponse

romad01 said:
The only way a vehicle would not do the same is unless it had a sealed engine with a deep water fording kit.

I know for a fact that you would be happy with a New pilot. I would buy another if something ever happened to mine... Well good luck if you do not decide to get a pilot.
:) That was a total complete joke. Sarcasm that obviously didn't come across without voice inflection. I did not mean it seriously that I wasn't going to buy a Pilot because it can't swim. :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
What a mess for you. :(
Hope all goes well with the replacements. :eek:
So romad01... The suspense is killin' me here. Just HOW did you end up in that deep of water anyway? Where you trying to cross it to test the Pilot's limits? Did you not SEE the water hole? Did you not realize how deep it was? Come on... give us the scoop. :p

RE: The wheels... I kinda like 'em. Don't like the vehicle but the wheels might look good on the Pilot. :4:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sage said:
[So romad01... The suspense is killin' me here. Just HOW did you end up in that deep of water anyway? Where you trying to cross it to test the Pilot's limits? Did you not SEE the water hole? Did you not realize how deep it was? Come on... give us the scoop. :p
I heard the story somehow involves lots of beer, a busty blonde, and her hamsters - oh, wait, that was me :eek:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
kemosabe said:

There is an image/picture just begging to be posted here...!!! :D :p ;)
You can hardly stand it, can you? :22:

Thank goodness gksmith didn't have his camera with him! :eek:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Sage said:
. . . The suspense is killin' me here. Just HOW did you end up in that deep of water anyway? Where you trying to cross it to test the Pilot's limits? Did you not SEE the water hole? Did you not realize how deep it was? Come on... give us the scoop. :p . . . .
Tell, Tell, we are all waiting!
:confused: :D :confused: :D :confused: :D :confused:

·
Registered
449 Posts
kemosabe said:

There is an image/picture just begging to be posted here...!!! :D :p ;)
If you can find the pic to go with that, we will all be in the presence of image greatness.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BREAKING NEWS.................

Well i was told yesterday that they are just going to write off the Pilot, i had to tell it good bye and i was very sad about that. They said that if they fixed it that i would have problems with the electrical system since water was in that deep. OH and well as far as what happen, or what the insurance knows. They insurance was told that we had a bad rain and i hydro planed off the road and slide into a rivetment/ditch. but for more info you can email me at [email protected]......

TACP = Tactical Air Control Party...... look at romad.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts