Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone of you guys has a Honda Care and have ever used it? Is filing claims like rental car reimbursement difficult or easy?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I used Honda care years ago. The service adviser took care of everything. Same as taking the car in under original factory warranty (at least in my case). The only difference is that you have to pay deductible.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The Honda Care itself provides a rental car whenever you need either factory warranty work or the extended warranty work that isn't covered any longer by the factory warranty. In the booklet provide with the Honda Care, it spells out how long you get the rental car for. I think it is very generous, allowing something like 2 days for any repair which takes more than .1 hour! My dealer has rentals on site, so they handled all the paperwork and nothing was paid out of pocket by me.

Not sure how the reimbursement works if you have to rent off site but I bet Honda makes it pretty easy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Honda Care itself provides a rental car whenever you need either factory warranty work or the extended warranty work that isn't covered any longer by the factory warranty. In the booklet provide with the Honda Care, it spells out how long you get the rental car for. I think it is very generous, allowing something like 2 days for any repair which takes more than .1 hour! My dealer has rentals on site, so they handled all the paperwork and nothing was paid out of pocket by me.

Not sure how the reimbursement works if you have to rent off site but I bet Honda makes it pretty easy.
i am not aware if the Honda Dealership in my area provides car rental. thanks to you, i have now idea.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
My Honda dealer in PA had an Enterprise rental location on the property. They took care of everything when we needed a vehicle while our Accord was in the shop. Down here in FL, my dealer just gives a loaner whenever we've needed one. It never cost me a dime. Both vehicles were under Honda CPO warranty.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Honda dealer in PA had an Enterprise rental location on the property. They took care of everything when we needed a vehicle while our Accord was in the shop. Down here in FL, my dealer just gives a loaner whenever we've needed one. It never cost me a dime. Both vehicles were under Honda CPO warranty.
I bought my Pilot 350 miles away from home. nearest dealership won't provide me a loaner. Honda says its a dealership discretion.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I bought my Pilot 350 miles away from home. nearest dealership won't provide me a loaner. Honda says its a dealership discretion.
Your local dealer sucks, poor customer service. I bought my '12 Pilot in PA and moved to FL two weeks later. Dealer here has been outstanding, which is why they got to sell me the '19.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i know
Your local dealer sucks, poor customer service. I bought my '12 Pilot in PA and moved to FL two weeks later. Dealer here has been outstanding, which is why they got to sell me the '19.
yeah i know. Honda customer's policy sucks as well.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
yeah i know

yeah i know. Honda customer's policy sucks as well.
It's a fundamental issue with the industry, IMO. Manufacturers really don't force dealers to do anything anymore.

Any other dealers around? I live midway between two. It's 30-40 minute drive to either depending on traffic. I basically flipped a coin and picked one when I moved here. Like I said, they've been great. For kicks I visited the other dealer once, and just didn't feel they had the same emphasis on customer service and didn't seem to care if they got my business or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts