Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've purchase a 2019 Honda Pilot earlier this year in Jan, and had also purchase a service contact, "Honda Care Maintenance Plan"(American Honda PPC).

$850 for 72 months/72,000 miles.

*My sales contract listed this add-on package*

My question is,

1) Should I had been sent information regarding the Honda Care Maintenance plan? Like a card or brochure... proof of purchase?
2) How would the dealership/service department know I had bought pre-paid maintenance?

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello All,

I've purchase a 2019 Honda Pilot earlier this year in Jan, and had also purchase a service contact, "Honda Care Maintenance Plan"(American Honda PPC).

My question is,

1) Should I had been sent information regarding the Honda Care Maintenance plan? Like a card or brochure... proof of purchase?
2) How would the dealership/service department know I had bought pre-paid maintenance?

I think I got my booklet and card about a month after I paid for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Should've received something from Honda by now.
For anything bought directly Honda, Honda Care & Honda Care Maintenance, it's in the corporate system so any dealer will see it when they pull up your info on their computer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello All,

My question is,

Curious, where did you get a Honda Care maintenance plan like that? I was under the impression that the plans didn't go above 48m/60k, and even for that the best pricing is around the same $850 and that's only if you also get the Honda Care warranty too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, I called Honda Corp. They said the info might had got lost in the mail, and is resending it.

I don't see how this is a waste of money tho.

$850 for 72 months/72,000 miles of Maintenance comes out to ~$70 per service (assuming you go twice a year for 6 years, 12 services). Not to mention this service contract includes flat repairs (think Honda corp also said replace?), tire rotations (awd), along with the normal maint. routine.

Overall, peace of mind. I got other cars to worry/work on. =)

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
$850 for 72 months/72,000 miles of Maintenance comes out to ~$70 per service (assuming you go twice a year for 6 years, 12 services). Not to mention this service contract includes flat repairs (think Honda corp also said replace?), tire rotations (awd), along with the normal maint. routine.
How many miles do you drive per year?
Does it really cover service twice a year, or only when the maintenance minder display calls for it?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Thanks all, I called Honda Corp. They said the info might had got lost in the mail, and is resending it.

Please add a "signature" to your posts so we can see what trim level you have. The transmission fluid exchange which shows it is covered under your plan is very expensive if you have a Touring or Elite model because of the transmission fluid which must be used in the 9 speed transmission. I think Honda lists it around $45.00 a quart and it still costs over $34.00 or more if you source it from other suppliers.

If you have an AWD you will also receive additional fluid changes for the transfer case.

If you have the Touring or Elite or an AWD I can see where this plan may pay for itself or pretty much break even after the 72 month or 72000 mile limit. If you have a 2WD EX or lower model, I don't know without looking closer at the services you will receive if it is worth it other than peace of mind and no additional money out of pocket for the next 72 months.

I am also sure they will not do any maintenance early and only go by the MM, which may ask for an oil change every 8 or 9 thousand miles. No oil filter unless it shows the code, no tire rotations unless it shows the code, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts

Had a 2006 and 2013 all had Honda Care. My new 2019 I have Honda Care. Over the last 13 years have never used it. But as more cars come computerized , I definitely want that peace of mind like you said. And $800-$900 for a 6 or 7 year warranty is very reasonable.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Had a 2006 and 2013 all had Honda Care. My new 2019 I have Honda Care. Over the last 13 years have never used it. But as more cars come computerized , I definitely want that peace of mind like you said. And $800-$900 for a 6 or 7 year warranty is very reasonable.
The Honda Care warranty and Honda Care maintenance plans are somewhat different things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts