Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pilot EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We just purchased a 2021 EX over the weekend.

The dealer wanted close to 3k for the EW so we declined it.

I've read hear people can buy EW cheaper from other dealers.... Can someone recommend where they purchased their EW?

With so many electronics and computers we are rethinking we should have an. EW.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi,

We just purchased a 2021 EX over the weekend.

The dealer wanted close to 3k for the EW so we declined it.

I've read hear people can buy EW cheaper from other dealers.... Can someone recommend where they purchased their EW?

With so many electronics and computers we are rethinking we should have an. EW.

Thank you in advance.
Got mine from College Hills Honda. Other forum member have gotten their extended warranties from other dealerships. Try searching on the this forum site. I believe I paid around $1200.- 8years/120000 miles no deductible.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander XLE 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L
256 Posts
Got mine from College Hills Honda. Other forum member have gotten their extended warranties from other dealerships. Try searching on the this forum site. I believe I paid around $1200.- 8years/120000 miles no deductible.
That's a smoking good price!

·
Registered
2020 Pilot EX-L
18 Posts
I just emailed College Hills, got a quote: 8 yrs / 120k miles - $1505
Wonder how you got it so cheap $1200. Maybe price increased recently?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow that's a really good price! My dealer, John Eagle Honda of Houston, gave me an extended warranty for free because I was a returning customer. My dealer was running low on Touring 8 seaters and they weren't willing to lower the price much, but a free warranty isn't bad. They let me choose if I wanted more years or mileage, and I hardly drive so we chose 7 years/45k miles.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
578 Posts

I remember there being 3 that folks recommended.

College Hills
Hyannis Honda
And another.

Use the search feature but the price from those should be close.

You will need to be below 6k miles to purchase the extended warranty.

I didn't not have to validate my mileage but took a photo for my records anyway.

Good luck

·
Registered
171 Posts

I remember there being 3 that folks recommended.

College Hills
Hyannis Honda
And another.

Use the search feature but the price from those should be close.

You will need to be below 6k miles to purchase the extended warranty.

I didn't not have to validate my mileage but took a photo for my records anyway.

Good luck
Not exactly true - you need to be within the bumper to bumper 3/36 to qualify for extended warranty. The difference is one would be considered as a new car warranty and another one as used (it will say on the warranty book). Also, there might be a slight difference in price of 50$ or so. If i was to do it again, I’d certainly wait till 36k and decide on the term of the warranty

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,574 Posts
Make sure the warranty is Honda Care and not anything else. Lots of people really like Honda Care. Any other warranty they try to sell is money that goes in their pocket and you will have a very difficult time making

·
Registered
2020 Pilot EX-L
18 Posts
Try Sean Rausch at [email protected] at Hyannis Honda, I've got mine for Civic from him, it was the cheapest at the time I was in the market
Thanks a lot for the info! I got quote from Hyannis:
D828120,000$1,360.00

Also quoted maintenance plan:
M46460,000$915.00

Now I wonder if it's worthy to buy the maint. plan for $915. I could always do those oil/fluid changes, tire rotation at local repair shops, which will be much cheaper than dealership. So I'm debating. What're everyone's opinions? I have to admit that I'm a frugal guy. Lol...

·
Registered
813 Posts
D828120,000$1,360.00

M46460,000$915.00

Now I wonder if it's worthy to buy the maint. plan for $915. I could always do those oil/fluid changes, tire rotation at local repair shops, which will be much cheaper than dealership. So I'm debating. What're everyone's opinions? I have to admit that I'm a frugal guy. Lol...
There's nothing much you have to do to keep this engine running. At 60k miles I think you have to do trans fluid and spark plugs. It's not worth a thousand bucks IMO. Now if you are the person who forgets to keep up with your maintaining, it might be worth your money.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
578 Posts
D828120,000$1,360.00

M46460,000$915.00

If you have AWD then it may make it more worthwhile as you'll be changing the diff fluid twice in that mileage.

As far as oil changes, mine have been around every 6k miles so you can work backwards.

Oil changes at my dealership are about $50-55 bucks and rotations are $30.... plus the misc. douche shop fees of course.

I try to do every other oil change DIY which makes any maintenance plan more unattractive.

I prefer to do the rotations at Costco bc they will also re-balance all of the tires, once my OEM tires are gone, I'll buy tires there and then rotations are free.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,574 Posts
I would not recommend a maintenance plan. The only things that would need to be done by 60k miles is 1x transmission fluid change, 2-3x rear differential (if AWD) and maybe 10(?) oil changes. They don't sell them to help you out, they sell them to profit off of. Plus you have no freedom to take it anywhere else but a dealer. I'd also be willing to bet every time you bring it in for scheduled maintenance, they'll "recommend" a bunch of other stuff.

·
Registered
883 Posts
What year was this purchased? 2016?

I purchased the 8 year/120000 mile/ $0.00 deductible from Hyannis in April of 2019 for $1345.00 with no tax added.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
What year was this purchased? 2016?

I purchased the 8 year/120000 mile/ $0.00 deductible from Hyannis in April of 2019 for $1345.00 with no tax added.
Same for me. Pricing went up in summer 2016. Paid $1200 in July 2015 for D82 8/120 $0 deductible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The wide variation in pricing for the Honda EW makes me think the profit on these things must be 50% or more. I got a 120K 8 year on my '18 Pilot Touring soon after I bought it in 04/18 for about $1200. I bought it from some Honda dealer on the East Coast, sorry I don't remember where. Shop around. The record was in the Honda computer system an hour after I got off the phone. You could try to make it a part of your deal. AFTER you negotiate the final price, make a $1200 120/8, no deductible EW a deal-breaker. The maintenance policy is NOT worth it, IMHO. I get oil, tires, fluids, etc. from a local Goodyear tire dealer and they put all maintenance in CarFax. Be sure your Honda dealer checks CarFax before they do any service. I forgot to remind them of this the last time they serviced my Civic and they duplicated plugs and transmission service that was done a couple of months ago by the Goodyear dealer. My Goodyear dealer does balance/rotate for free, forever, on tires they sold me. If they do one alignment, they will re-do that for free, forever too. BTW, I bought this on Amazon and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Try Sean Rausch at [email protected] at Hyannis Honda, I've got mine for Civic from him, it was the cheapest at the time I was in the market
Yup, got mine from them. They are literally the cheapest in the entire country. Honda America brought a lawsuit against them for selling it so cheap and Honda lost.....Our win

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
Yeah, we bought our 2011 back in the day and I wasn't gonna pay for extended warranty on it, so the dealer threw it in for free.
I couldn't be happier now that they did that: wheel hub bearings, transmission switch, a few other issues that IMHO were premature failures. Even if I paid for the warranty, it would've paid for itself. If you're shopping around, be mindful of the fine print, see what they're excluding. Pilot gremlins and malaises are now well known, and, it seems, they make their way into every new generation, make sure your EW covers these.

The only modern car I would buy without any extended warranty on it is a Toyota Land Cruiser.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I would ALWAYS buy the longest, highest-coverage EW available. But I'd only buy it from the selling dealership if they gave me 50% off the list price. Otherwise, I'd shop around, starting with Hyannis Honda.(BTW, I think that may be where I got my last one...) You may not get 50%, but you will save HUNDREDS. Good Luck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, I would ALWAYS buy the longest, highest-coverage EW available. But I'd only buy it from the selling dealership if they gave me 50% off the list price. Otherwise, I'd shop around, starting with Hyannis Honda.(BTW, I think that may be where I got my last one...) You may not get 50%, but you will save HUNDREDS. Good Luck.
This may sound like a joke, but it's true. I bought my Pilot from a dealer in Tomball, TX. They wanted $4xxx for the 7 year Honda warranty. Even at 50% discount, it's still pretty F&%*^( up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts