Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone interested in a group buy for the 7 year, 100,000 mile extended Honda Care warranty. I know that you can purchase the extended Honda warranty from any Honda dealer.

When I purchased my Pilot, the Finance Manager offered the extended Honda Care warranty at $1,450. After I declined, he told me he would forgo the $350 markup and offered it for "his cost" at $1,075 (plus a $45 processing charge). I have no idea what the true cost is and if a "hungry" dealer would be interested in a group buy discount.

Is anyone interested and does anyone know the true cost of the Honda Care extended warranty for the Pilot?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have seen someone mention on this board something like $950 as the lowest. I may be wrong on the actual number or maybe it was for 6/75 not sure.

Jerry said:
Is anyone interested in a group buy for the 7 year, 100,000 mile extended Honda Care warranty. I know that you can purchase the extended Honda warranty from any Honda dealer.

When I purchased my Pilot, the Finance Manager offered the extended Honda Care warranty at $1,450. After I declined, he told me he would forgo the $350 markup and offered it for "his cost" at $1,075 (plus a $45 processing charge). I have no idea what the true cost is and if a "hungry" dealer would be interested in a group buy discount.

Is anyone interested and does anyone know the true cost of the Honda Care extended warranty for the Pilot?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Re: Honda warranty

I still haven't recieved a price from Donna.
I've contacted her twice and still no price, next week will be 1 month.

The best I've found is at www.hondawarranty.com (from Donna's post). Their price for 5/100, $0 deductable was $845 including a $75 discount for acting now (I didn't).

I would be interested in a 5yr/100k group buy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Re: Honda warranty

BillR said:
I still haven't recieved a price from Donna.
I've contacted her twice and still no price, next week will be 1 month.

The best I've found is at www.hondawarranty.com (from Donna's post). Their price for 5/100, $0 deductable was $845 including a $75 discount for acting now (I didn't).

I would be interested in a 5yr/100k group buy.
The url you list is not Donna, but one of her competitors. I have found Donna to be extremely responsive. She can be reached at [email protected]. I bought the 100/7 Warranty from her and was very satisfied with the transaction. Price was $1075 plus $40 profit.

PeterF

2003 Pilot EX SS

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, but I did contact her and not her competitors.
The email you listed is the same as I used and she to resond with, but not with a quote.
The URL I listed was from her post as referenced above.
Here's the link to her posting.
http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19

·
Registered
226 Posts
Can we buy the extended warranty close to our factory warranty expiration? Does it cost more then?

·
Registered
592 Posts
The longer you wait the more it costs. Basically it depends on factors like mileage on the car. Apparently every year (Jan 1) the prices are subject to change (read subject to go up).

Obviously a few months is not going to matter much but getting one at closer to 3/36 will definitely cost more. How much more - I don't know.

lxblack said:
Can we buy the extended warranty close to our factory warranty expiration? Does it cost more then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there...............I've been advised to check out this post thread to "clear my name" so to speak! I'm Donna, and have quoted a price for the Honda Care 7yr/100,000mi/$0 deductible for $1115, which is $40 over cost. That price is good until January 1, 2003 because that's when Honda gives their dealers new "cost" booklets.

I understand that I didn't get a reply out to a member of this forum and he's been waiting a while. I do apologize about that - but due to the volume of calls and emails on the Odyssey warranty that I offer on the OdyClub.com, I've gotten swamped. Perhaps it got lost or perhaps I just overlooked it. I do apologize for any inconvenience and if you'll contact me via email at [email protected] or just give me a call at 1-877-476-4265 x8011 toll free, I can talk to you in person and relay any info you might need.

One thing to be aware of................if you call on Saturday, or during the last few days (and the first couple of days) of the month, it'll be a while before I get back to you, so it would be best if you just mark me off your dance card from the 26th of the month until about the 5th of the following month. I should have my desk cleared by then! My job first and formost is to deliver the vehicles for our dealership...........and, there's only one of me and 10 salespeople on the floor. Makes for a very busy time - so much so that I'm considering Prozac!! (just kidding)

I've actually posted a clarification message regarding Honda Care on the OdyClub.com forum. But I actually have three separate threads there. They explain just about any question anyone has about the coverage........, and about the procedure for receiving an application package. If you're interested in reading it, please go to Forums and then Warranty Talk! Almost every question possible has been asked and answered (several times, in several ways). It does help (both of us) a lot if you're willing to take some time...........unfortunately, it's become impossible for me to keep going over the same things again and again individually...........especially when I have virtually hundreds of people a month wanting to know about Honda Care!

I will make an effort to list the actual prices on this forum for Honda Care for the Pilot within the next week or so. That way, at least you'll know which coverage will suit you best.

Thanks for your interest..............hope you'll stick with me.

Donna

·
Registered
116 Posts
Altho I alway thought extended warranties on anything were ripoffs, I'm now considering adding one to my Pilot. Why? Well, I have 3,000 miles after 5 weeks, and, at this rate, figure that my original warranty will expire at about 18 months.

That doesn't seem enough protection to me on such a major purchase.

In addition, I have that knocking engine noise in the back of my mind -- and what will that develop into in the long run?

So I guess I go 7 yr/100,000...or maybe 6 yr/100,000...could be my driving habits will change as my boys grow (they're 8 and 14 now).

·
Registered
62 Posts
7yr/100K Hondacare Warranty

FONT=times new roman]Just want to get my dibs in on this group buy. I would be interested in 7yr/100k Hondacare warranty.:cool:[/FONT]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Help Coordinating a Group Buy

I checked with the Finance Manager at my local Honda dealership and he would match Donna's $1115 price ($40 over cost) but is not interested in providing a deaper discounted group buy for the honda-pilot.org group.

Does Honda provide insentives or kick backs to dealers on sales of the Honda Care extended 7 year/100,000 mile warranty? If they do, then maybe it's worth pursuing. If $1075 is their final cost, then maybe Donna's deal is the best we can get. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would also be in for a group buy on the $0 ded 7yr/100k. I recently cancelled the extended warranty I purchased from my dealer because they had WAY WAY overcharged me.

Has anyone asked Donna if she could give us a better deal if we can get a group of us to buy?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She's in your neck of the woods, maybe you can check. The toll free is only for NC:

Stevenson Honda Mitsubishi
3515 Elizabethtown Road
Lumberton, NC 28358
Toll-Free (NC): 800-849-9871

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm in

Also looking for the 7/100 $0 deductible coverage. My dealership's business/finance rep qouted $1400...said it was the best they could do. Again, caught him in another lie.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Jerry said:
She's in your neck of the woods, maybe you can check. The toll free is only for NC:

Stevenson Honda Mitsubishi
3515 Elizabethtown Road
Lumberton, NC 28358
Toll-Free (NC): 800-849-9871
That's interesting. I thought she said she was in Maryland on the other thread. Anyway, I will represent the group and call her tomorrow and discuss this with her. It looks we have about 5 or 6 people interested, I'll see what she can do if we get 10 to buy.

I'll let you all know what she says.

- Rick H

·
Registered
290 Posts
I called the number that you listed, Jerry, and it is indeed Stevenson Honda, but they said they have no Donna working there, so I think you got the wrong place.

Having just re-read this thread, I see that she posted her number. I will call her at that number.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello All,

I just spoke with Donna, and she indicated that the price she listed is the best she can do on the $0 ded 7yr/100k warranty for the Pilot. She said there are other warranty products with different terms and deductibles, but that they would all be base cost + $40. So, we won't be able to do a group buy with her. Unless anyone knows of someplace that can get us a better deal, I suggest that we just buy it through her individually.

Just to reiterate what others have already said about Donna, she was very nice and 100% professional. She explained that regardless of how many she sells, their costs and the level of work remain the same. And while I may sometimes be a little gullable, I truely believe that she is offering her lowest cost.

Hopefully I have not misquoted or misunderstood what she said, and if I did, it was not intentional. Also, she mentioned that she may post her own reply in the near future (whether to this thread or not, I am not certain).

- Rick H

·
Registered
226 Posts
price w/ deductible?

HI;

I wonder what the price of 7yr/100k will be with $50 or $100 deductible? I'd be interested in that pricing...
Maybe Donna can answer or anyone else w/ this info?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts