Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out:

<<<<<IMPORTANT NOTICE

The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls.

We kindly request that all comments should be directed to:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P. O. Box 2206
700 Van Ness Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

Honda: 800-999-1009
Acura: 800-382-2238

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.>>>>>>

Interesting eh?!?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
They just don't want a 3rd party selling it for $, is my impression. All the TSBs (date, title, and summary) are readily available on the NHTSA website in the technical/problems area.

www.nhtsa.gov

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the Alldata system for some of my other vehicles, it's pretty good. I can tell you that the TSBs on the NHTSA site are incomplete, basically just the titles and give nowhere near the info the ACTUAL TSBs give on the Alldata site. No comparison. Some of the Ford TSBs are literally pages of info each, you won't get that on NHTSA.
Now I am beginning to be concerned about Honda's lack of customer care. I am particularly disturbed by their requirement of proprietary fluids and now this sort of attitude.

I'm surprised Honda hasn't made this site change it's name. Ford just issued legal orders to a bunch of websites with Ford in their name to cease and desist using "Ford" in their site names. The popular ford-diesel.com, with 25,000 members, is one victim.

Al

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good points

May be a couple of good thoughts here.
1) If AH did obtain an injunction to cease the use of the Honda name for this website, how would we find the renamed site?
2) So far, I think Honda prefers not to acknowledge this site as they would then not be able to say, "Gosh, ah, we have never heard of scrunch!"
3)When I first began my discussions with AH customer service, I asked "How can I contact top management?" I was told that it really didn't matter, all correspondence was sent back to the customer service representative to be handled.

I am not sure the message we are hearing from postings on this site, is getting through. We need a plan of action that gets the message to AH that the present customer service plan needs some updating. BP

·
Registered
919 Posts
If they rip the name away from this site, I vote we all plan to meet back at a place and call it either ponda-hilot.org or ondahay-ilotpay.org.

Chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
xyzzy said:
If they rip the name away from this site, I vote we all plan to meet back at a place and call it either ponda-hilot.org or ondahay-ilotpay.org.

Chris
:2:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Site Names

Dont feel like it is all Honda's (or Ford's) fault when things like this happen.
The world of Trademarks, Service Marks, and Copyrighted corporate manes is under control of the lawers fighting the continuous battle to undermine and/or stregthen each owners rights to the names they established.

It sucks, but no company wants its name to be the next escalator or nylon; Brand names stolen from the company.

The rule of law, "If you don't protect it, you lose it!".
Porsche went through this about 15 years ago.
The Internet has made it worse, because it has blured the lines between private commuinication and public distribution of information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts