Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I just happened to look on Amazon for past orders and clicked on DW-1 that I had previously ordered. The current price was about $72 for 6 quarts. Not a bad price but when I scrolled down it showed other sellers had it for $25 so I decided to order it even though I already had enough for a few oil changes. When I added it to the cart the price was suddenly $16.60 (with free Prime shipping)! It was really tempting to change the quantity from 1 to 2 cases but I figured I had a lifetime supply anyway. Sold by Amazon, not a third party, and I'm hoping it is really genuine Honda as the picture shows. Going back to the site a few minutes later and the lowest price is now $66.
Placed on today, January 14
Honda 08200-9008 DW1 Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - 6 Pack
Automotive
Sold by Amazon.com Services LLC
$16.60

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I think there is a thread here or maybe on BITOG where this keeps happening - not sure if it's just pricing mistakes (human or AI) or what.
Sometimes we think it's a mistake where they are pricing for one item rather than a pack of six, but as with any "price mistake", if you are adventureous and don't mind going through returns hassle if you dont get what's advertised, it might be a good gamble. But then again, with fakes/counterfeits, I'd be scared if this wasnt from amazon or a reputable seller. Amazon marketplace has become like ebay.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
887 Posts
If it were my choice, I would save my money and purchase a full synthetic ATF like Valvoline Max life instead. Honda DW1 fluid does not stand up and turns black very quickly.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
248 Posts
This happens on and off again. Of my three orders, 2 came in with all 6 bottles, and 1 came in with just one bottle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This happens on and off again. Of my three orders, 2 came in with all 6 bottles, and 1 came in with just one bottle.
What is the best way to snag these deals? Have you seen similar drastic price reductions on other Amazon products?

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
248 Posts
The ATF price fluctuations seem abnormal, in my experience.

But a very good website to assess historical prices at Amazon is Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts.

Just paste the entire weblink to the product in the search bar, and see what its been priced over the years. Here is the ATF at that site:

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
534 Posts
under the price did it say something along the lines of
Used: Good | Details
Sold by Amazon Warehouse
Fulfilled by Amazon

?

If an order is placed and anyone in an outbound function notices the item isn't quite right it is sorted out and sidelined as damaged. If at a later time the item is reviewed a found to be of re-sellable quality it is given a grade based on the level of defect and sold at a discount.
a year or 2 ago I saw warehouse deals was selling honda PS fluid. ordered it and received MORE bottles than what was listed so yeah sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. either way, free returns easily refunded.

let us know what arrives !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
under the price did it say something along the lines of
Used: Good | Details
Sold by Amazon Warehouse
Fulfilled by Amazon

?

If an order is placed and anyone in an outbound function notices the item isn't quite right it is sorted out and sidelined as damaged. If at a later time the item is reviewed a found to be of re-sellable quality it is given a grade based on the level of defect and sold at a discount.
a year or 2 ago I saw warehouse deals was selling honda PS fluid. ordered it and received MORE bottles than what was listed so yeah sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. either way, free returns easily refunded.

let us know what arrives !
The listing said: "Condition: New". I'll give an update when it arrives in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
it's a hit and miss. out of 3 orders I've place only one came in with 6qts. the other two were refunded and 2qts were allowed to not be returned. all in all, 8qts for 25$. not bad

·
Registered
854 Posts
I just hope it’s legitimate Honda ATF. Lots of counterfeit fake “Honda” stuff on Amazon and eBay that ends up destroying things. Somethings are worth paying for the pedigree.

Reactions: Chukmak

·
Registered
2010 Pilot EXL
140 Posts
If I only get one bottle then it goes back to Amazon and they pay shipping both ways. Clearly says 6 pack in the description.
You sure you didnt have a Discover Cashback credit or some other Amazon gift card on the account?

Astrobuf

·
Registered
86 Posts
My UPS delivery of Valvoline max life arrives today. $17.99 a gallon free shipping (prime) Bought 3 gallons...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So my Amazon delivery of ATF DW-1 arrived today.
Sadly, but not totally surprising, there was only one bottle in the box (it was a small box) and not a 6-pack as described.
I'll be sending it back tomorrow.
I don't understand why they would intentionally do this since they pay for shipping. Maybe some people don't bother to return it and wind up paying over $16 for one quart.
In a few years when I use up my supply of DW-1 I might switch to Valvoline Maxlife.
So far, with 93,000 miles on my 2005 the tranny seems fine except for an occasional flashing D.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts