Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot of discussion about the Honda Air Deflector, some old, which I believe is a bit out of date. I purchased and installed the Honda Air Deflector recently for my ’04 Pilot. For those considering this accessory I have some general comments:

The deflector appears to be redesigned to eliminate the whistling sound emitted at high speeds others have posted in this group as a problem. There is a rubber “seal” on the bottom of the deflector that rests on the hood and eliminates any gap for air to pass through. I have no audible sound after my installation.

In general, installation was easy, one step proved to be difficult. Two metric rivet nuts need to be anchored under the hood, which need a special tool. Most body shops carry a SAE version of the tool, and I found some Honda dealerships did not even have the tool. I did get a dealership in my area to put the RivNuts in for no charge after I prepared the holes. If you don’t want to deal with this just have a dealership install the air deflector for you.

For me it looks great with my Sage Brush color exterior, and does its intended job, so I am pleased with the results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
stevem said:
which need a special tool.

Can you post pics of your new deflector and of the special tool? We're seriously considering getting a deflector at some stage. Cheers. and GO COUGS!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I got one as well & on the 375+ miles I put on since getting it on Friday (drove around SoCal & then drove home) I did not notice any whistling sound. The only sounds that stood out were the tires (although, coming from my 89 camry, the OEM tires seem quiet to me :) ) and on the rougher parts of I-5, I noticed a rattle in back, but it could have been any number of things (I suspect it was the cargo cover which I have read here that some people have a rattle from it).

kad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts