Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Pilot 2016 with zero service issues till tonight. Staying at a condo in Florida and heard someone’s car alarm go off , turns out it was mine. Ran downstairs and used the key fob to turn the car off. Tried to start the car and had warning come up saying their was a problem with the smart entry system. Tried a couple more times and it started ok and ran normally, tried a couple more times and everything seemed ok, turned off the engine and went upstairs. 5 minutes later the alarm is on. This time all the lights on the dashboard are flashing. Start the car, no warnings. Try and start again, no problem, however all the lights on the panel are flashing again. Turn it off, everything is ok, back upstairs and the alarm goes on again. Same drill, stay with car, restart the car several times and everything is ok. This time I don’t lock the car, no alarms for 20 minutes, fingers crossed. Any suggestions? Change original battery 72,000 miles? Probably try and get to the dealer ASAP ?
Thx, nice site

Bob

·
Registered
223 Posts
If your sure all lights, etc. are off and not taxing the battery, I would have the battery checked first.

AutoZone, parts stores, etc will do a battery check under a load for free. Dealer will do same thing for $$$ shop time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honda Pilot 2016 with zero service issues till tonight. Staying at a condo in Florida and heard someone’s car alarm go off , turns out it was mine. Ran downstairs and used the key fob to turn the car off. Tried to start the car and had warning come up saying their was a problem with the smart entry system. Tried a couple more times and it started ok and ran normally, tried a couple more times and everything seemed ok, turned off the engine and went upstairs. 5 minutes later the alarm is on. This time all the lights on the dashboard are flashing. Start the car, no warnings. Try and start again, no problem, however all the lights on the panel are flashing again. Turn it off, everything is ok, back upstairs and the alarm goes on again. Same drill, stay with car, restart the car several times and everything is ok. This time I don’t lock the car, no alarms for 20 minutes, fingers crossed. Any suggestions? Change original battery 72,000 miles? Probably try and get to the dealer ASAP ?
Thx, nice site

Bob

just an update, no problems for three or four months. Couple of three weeks ago neighbor came over to tell me alarm was going, around 8pm. Used the on lock key on the fob, alarm turned off. Face forward to yesterday, had moved the car out in the street earlier in the am, after two hours alarm is going off. Same drill to unlock it, no more alarm rest of day.
fyi, did bring it to the dealer to check the battery, was surprised that the service manager said the battery was fine. Probably not the problem but going to replace it anyway.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
871 Posts
$80 is a lot for a push button. Is this the price from the dealer or an aftermarket one? I've heard that there's an aftermarket one which should be much cheaper.
That is the dealer price for a genuine Honda part. It is not just a simple push button as there is a lot of electronics in it too. You can get cheaper aftermarket ones on Amazon and Ebay but there's no guarantee that they are going to work.

·
Registered
813 Posts
That is the dealer price for a genuine Honda part. It is not just a simple push button as there is a lot of electronics in it too. You can get cheaper aftermarket ones on Amazon and Ebay but there's no guarantee that they are going to work.
I mean, the OEM push buttons don’t last long either. If an aftermarket one lasts long and the price is cheap, why not get that? (I’m not saying that they of last long tho)

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
I mean, the OEM push buttons don’t last long either. If an aftermarket one lasts long and the price is cheap, why not get that? (I’m not saying that they of last long tho)
$80 OEM vs $25 EBay knock off, that would be tempting.
Parts store carry Intermotor. Carid is 60+ freight. You might as well pick up an OEM than buy that.
RockAuto is out of stock.
# 35881-TG7-702
# US1371

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
871 Posts
I guess I was lucky to get 3 yrs out of the original. I did take the old one apart to see if I could clean up the contacts but they are sealed. The OEM part is made in Mexico for Honda so it is essentially aftermarket anyway. The cheaper ones I have seen are made in China so I don't know if they would be any better.

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,320 Posts
I guess I was lucky to get 3 yrs out of the original. I did take the old one apart to see if I could clean up the contacts but they are sealed. The OEM part is made in Mexico for Honda so it is essentially aftermarket anyway. The cheaper ones I have seen are made in China so I don't know if they would be any better.
Funny thing is one EBay seller has a photo of one made in Mexico but is shipping from China, lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.