Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have done this, how hard was it to do? I looked at the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward. The only "tricky" part seems to be getting the access panel off without scratching or breaking anything.

Also, is the rubber weatherstripping that you remove glued on, or does it slide right off???

BTW, I TT a service rep at Honda and he said that the coolers are recommended only if you are hauling 2500 lbs. or more--

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Towing

The wiring is EASY with all caps!!!
You do not realy need to remove the weatherstipping if you are carful when you put the plastic trim back on.
It is held on with a friction fit. The weatherstrip has a tight slot that fits over the edge of body metal.

The 2500 LB "no cooler needed" rating was the old Odyssey and MDX spec that was superceded by "coolers required for all towing" for those vehicles. The Pilot was released after that and has always been required to have the coolers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the info. As long as I stick to brush and furniture, I'll take my chances without the coolers. When I decide to tow something other the equivalent of 5 adults, I’ll install the coolers.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts