Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 Pilot and I'm interested in installing a hitch, from what I have seen the Honda OEM hitch kit is round $250 where you can get another brand like Curt for $140. Seems like one of the big differences is the Honda hitch trim kit, the hitch goes through the bumper rather than under. I like the way this looks and seems like it is worth the extra $100. Any other experiences or recommendation? I'm pretty handy, can I install this pretty easy ?

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
You can install the original hitch by yourself but it is heavy, I calculated around almost 40 lbs. You might want to prep the hole on the bumper where you can thread the tip of the hitch while pushing it up to install the screws. It would also help if you remove the spare tire to give you more space. My friend decided to get the Curt hitch and install is same as the original. The only difference is it is below the bumper. Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Coming in late on this but I went with Curt. As mentioned above they are heavy. I used a motorcycle lift. Other jacks could work as well. I clamped a 2" draw bar to the lift and mounted the hitch to it. The lift had all the weight and was an easy 1 person job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts