Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to buy one...is the oem worth the extra money or not?
Opinions? Pics?
What kind of ball do I need? Drop etc?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would suggest the Honda hitch. In what I have researched so far, the Honda hitch blends into the existing opening better than a generic aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Many people like the aesthetic look of the OEM hitch as it integrates better into the bumper. My dealer wanted $621 to install the OEM hitch and another $397 to install the wiring harness.

I just bought the Curt Hitch tonight for $138 from Amazon. I don't really give two squirts about the way it looks, as long as it functions and carries my bike, I'm happy. I'd much rather have the extra money in my pocket. Plus, I can install the Curt in about 15 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went and looked up that hitch and the install video. Looks like what I am going to do... price and ease of install makes it a no brainer. I am just using mine for my Yakima bike rack so no need for a wiring harness.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fixing to buy one...is the oem worth the extra money or not?
Opinions? Pics?
What kind of ball do I need? Drop etc?
Thanks in advance.
Go with the honda hitch. it blends in well unlike the aftermarket ones. just go to honda and buy the hitch don't have them install it. Installation is really easy you can do it yourself or have some local shop do it. I got my hitch and ball for about $400 all total. the wire harness you can get online. Its cheaper than having the dealership do it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can buy the OEM Honda hitch online for $270. Install is easy. Comes with a replacement bumper facia. I bought a wiring harness online from Etrailer for about $45. easy install as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
honda hitch is easy to install, looks nicer, and preserves your ground clearance. Should take ~30min to install. (assuming your holes for the bolts aren't rusty, but that will be an issue with any hitch). I didn't do the wiring harness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here are pictures of my trailer hitch installed by the dealer. This is a Touring Canadian (Touring Elite US) if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got my Curt hitch installed today on the Pilot. Took about 30 minutes. Couldn't be happier with it. Carried my Yakima bit carrier perfectly. It doesn't stick out at all. And it looks just fine as far as I am concerned. Wife said it looked great.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts