Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 2019 Pilot - test drove one and loved the way it handled. How has this current generation fared with regard to reliability, reputation-wise?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm considering buying a 2019 Pilot - test drove one and loved the way it handled. How has this current generation fared with regard to reliability, reputation-wise?
You want dependability ..get a Gen 1 ..otherwise get the extended warranty bumper to bumper

·
Registered
19 Posts
On my 4th Honda pilot. 2004; 2008; 2016; 2019. Never owned a mintenance agreement and never needed one. Very dependable that is why I keep buying them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
63,500 km and just over three years. Injectors and rails replaced under warranty about two years ago for emissions problems; idle stop/start no longer working. Other than those, there is no other issues.

·
Registered
399 Posts
On my 4th Honda pilot. 2004; 2008; 2016; 2019. Never owned a mintenance agreement and never needed one. Very dependable that is why I keep buying them.
are you purchasing them or leasing?

i mean you had the 3rd gen 2016 and now the 2019? how much mileage could you have put on before the switch before you really get to see if they are reliable

·
Registered
399 Posts
i have 2017 touring AWD. 30,000+ milles
just regular oil changes, tire rotation and following the maintenance minder.
soon we will really start seeing if its realiable and more serious maintenance stuff.

but so far has been really good no issue reliability wise.

just the tuner/stereo SUCKS SO MUCH for a top trim.

i have the 9spd transmission and I can start to see what the complaints are about sometimes shifting weird and unpredictable, but its livable and not too much of an issue.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 2012 EX-L with 66K on it and have had to do only tires and rear brakes. Within the first year, there was a TSB I had done regarding the air conditioner making a howling sound when low speed maneuvering and just had one Takata air bag inflator recall done.

I'd say so far so good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a 2016 Elite AWD that has been great, 90k miles. Only hiccups were some misfires that put it in limp mode when the air filter was dirty, scary at first but it was an easy fix. The hatch makes some noise closing, but everything works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts