• I am not really sure.

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say Hind Sight is 20:20. How's yours?

The Pilot has been in production for a while now, and there's a HUGE amount of information available to help you make a well informed buying decision.

The Pilot's strengths are celebrated, weaknesses exposed, and opinions are building.

If you were to walk into a showroom today, what would you buy?

·
Registered
48 Posts
PILOT. No questions asked, no second-guessing, unashamedly proud to own one.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would buy another in a heartbeat, I would however not give the same dealer another chance and go back to my trusted honda dealer. SO the only thing I would change is the purchase place.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If I am given ten choices for my next car, I will end up with a Honda Pilot. The first 7 choices will be to select the exterior/interior colors of the Pilot(Honda offers 8 color choices, I already have Sandstone) The next three choices will be the combination of Leather/RES/NAV.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
ABSOLUTELY

This is THE Honda I have been waiting for...it has by far exceeded my expectations and am so proud to own it! $30K well spent.
Now I'm waiting to see what they do with the upcoming truck targeted at Avalanche buyers...should be exciting to see Honda enter that market!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Absolutely! It's the perfect SUV for my family. I think it is the best and roomiest SUV on the market today for the $. It drives great and is so comfortable. I love it's looks, engine, solid build and interior design. I have to admit it's the first automatic I've owned and I sorta miss my manual 5-speed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The Pilot has been great for us. I've had mine for two months and almost everywhere I go people want to look at it and see the inside. It's a great car and I love driving it.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I have to admit, if money were NOT an issue, I would go for the Hummer H2... but, since I am your average working stiff, then definitely YES on choosing the Pilot again!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
kemosabe said:
I have to admit, if money were NOT an issue, I would go for the Hummer H2... but, since I am your average working stiff, then definitely YES on choosing the Pilot again!!!
I didn't think any Honda owner would ever admit wanting a GM PRODUCT...takes a big man...;)
They DO make good-looking trucks though don't they?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I would buy another Pilot for sure, but, yes, there's always a "but", I probably would not buy a "first year" production car. I'd wait until near the end of the first year or more.

·
Registered
991 Posts
No matter what, it looks like we still love our Pilots. But yes, next time will wait for second or third year models, just to get the bugs out.

rob

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

I didn't think any Honda owner would ever admit wanting a GM PRODUCT...takes a big man...;)
They DO make good-looking trucks though don't they?
I know, I know... but you're right, the Hummer H2 does indeed look impressive and I am guilty, your honor, for having a fancy for the H2!!! :10:

·
Registered
1 Posts
kemosabe said:

I know, I know... but you're right, the Hummer H2 does indeed look impressive and I am guilty, your honor, for having a fancy for the H2!!! :10:
Yeah, they look cool. But have you ever sat in one? You might as well drive with your eyes closed the visibility is so poor. Most people will be making an effort to get out of YOUR way so maybe it's not so bad.

·
Registered
725 Posts
WITHOUT A DOUBT

I would most certainly of purchased my PILOT again.

I have had ZERO trouble with mine, which is a nice contrast to the lemon Ford Expedition that I had to sue Ford Motor Company over.

Love my PILOT

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes we are very happy too.
So, all you very happy PILOT owners, I added a column to the VIN table to report problems. "0" (zero) means NO PROBLEMS.
So, append to that thread with your VIN and username (or all the info if you're not already in the table) and let me add a few zeros to the table in that column, to support my claim that most PILOTS owners are quite happy. See link in my sig below.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
mhix01 said:

Yeah, they look cool. But have you ever sat in one? You might as well drive with your eyes closed the visibility is so poor. Most people will be making an effort to get out of YOUR way so maybe it's not so bad.
Actually, you're probably right -- it's probably a very uncomfy field of view. I'll bet it's kind of like the Ferrari 308 that Thomas Magnum (from the TV show Magnum, P.I.) used to drive: you have a 6'-4" actor (Tom Selleck) squeezed into a tiny red sports car --> it was probably a tight squeeze, but that car sure looked GOOD!!! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry everyone

RipRocK said:
I would buy another Pilot for sure, but, yes, there's always a "but", I probably would not buy a "first year" production car. I'd wait until near the end of the first year or more.
But I have to agree with RipRock. I have yet to experience any of the major problems mentioned on this sight, but I do dislike the tought that I have to be watching/listening for them. Plus some of those little features they did not include, I'm reminded of every day. (Autolock and Scanning on the radio remote especially)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
havasu said:
Yes we are very happy too.
So, all you very happy PILOT owners, I added a column to the VIN table to report problems. "0" (zero) means NO PROBLEMS.
So, append to that thread with your VIN and username (or all the info if you're not already in the table) and let me add a few zeros to the table in that column, to support my claim that most PILOTS owners are quite happy. See link in my sig below.
YES! EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS...I'D LOVE TO SEE MORE ZERO'S IN THE TROUBLE COLUMN MYSELF.

·
Registered
138 Posts
74PILOTMOM said:

YES! EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS...I'D LOVE TO SEE MORE ZERO'S IN THE TROUBLE COLUMN MYSELF.
Just curious ... Why do u mostly post in ALL UPPER CASE ? :confused:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts