Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
So went back to Discount Tire and they balanced my front 2 tires because apparently there were out of balance. Also did an alignment. The car wasn't pulling to begin with but I thought what the heck.
Drove out on the highway and things weren't as bad, but not perfect. The steering wheel still vibrates a bit. Also at low speeds there's still a vibration. I'll probably just let it be at this point unless it can be pinpointed pretty easily.
Do your new tires have yellow dots/circles anywhere on the sidewalls?
If so, are they aligned with the valve stems on the wheels?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Do your new tires have yellow dots/circles anywhere on the sidewalls?
If so, are they aligned with the valve stems on the wheels?

Hmmm...I'll have to check. I am just curious, if they aren't aligned, how would that cause vibration? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Hmmm...I'll have to check. I am just curious, if they aren't aligned, how would that cause vibration? Thanks for your help!
Ideally you want to position the tire on the wheel such that the non-uniformities in each cancel out as much as possible, thus minimizing the amount of balancing weight that then needs to be added.

Did Discount Tire use a Hunter road-force type balancing machine and, if so, did they follow the indication from the machine as to how the tire should be optimally positioned on the wheel before the balancing operation was performed?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts