Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the Toyota highlander and Pilot begin to look more alike every day... body design that is?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I like the look of the Highlander. The back end looks a little more SUV than the Pilot. The Pilot looks almost like a minivan from some rear angles. But then I like the front of the Pilot much better than the Highlander. The hood of the Highlander is too sedan-like.

Chris

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Nose On the Pilot far better by far it reminds me of the lines on my 96 Acura RL it seems like some kind of animal that Honda designers use I wonder if it was the same designer?...also I like the rear of the Pilot it looks big definatley th headlights are cooler!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Highlander looks like a Cherokee clone if you ask me.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Guess the Question is;

Does the Pilot have;
No Style
or
Clean Style?

Maybe that is why it "looks like" a lot of other SUVs.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still getting to know my pilot but off the cuff it is like the front face of the vehicle has a style and the back is boring, especially if you compare it to say a gm product now although some are ugly you cant acuse them of any lack of personality ie GMC Envoy doing very well for GM.

·
Registered
465 Posts
bgeraldo

bgeraldo said:
That's funny, some people say the same thing about the Pilot.
Say it ain't so!

·
Registered
21 Posts
PILOTHEAD said:
Is it just me or does the Toyota highlander and Pilot begin to look more alike every day... body design that is?
Yep, I agree. Honda has always had a sort of boxy sensibility about it though that continues with the Pilot; Highlander looks similar to me too, but attempts a few subtle curves in its attempt to be stylish...I'll take the Pilot look myself. What I do like about the Highlander though is that my dad went over to a local dealer and ordered one optioned exactly like he wanted (like an EX cloth Pilot but with 2wd), and paid $27K...got a fairly nice discount :).

p.s. Is it just me or do you prefer last year's (boxier, more sensible) Accord look to this year's?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pilot Styling

I think Honda has done a better job of making it look bigger than the highlander does, of course it is a little bigger but the way they use body lines etc. it looks big and thats good!... also highlander has some sloping lines thast are higher at back and front and go down at at angle towards the passenger compartment, and similar on the front its like they where trying to emphasis a fender or something i think it just looks bad like a trailblazer prelimindary sketch or something although may it does give more definition that n the boxy PILOT. ALso I like the interior of the pilot better thatn the highlander although some would say it is rather spartan, I view it as a "all that you need and nothing that you dont approach-borrowed from Nissan Extera)" its a good thing bnow trailblazer interior to Pilot no comparison Pilot rules. I guees the thing with all the GM'sS have i said this before is that hte exterior bodies have a lot of character and some are quite cool probably due that new head guy over there, where as the pilot Design is (TOO) conservative, it could at least be something like the old 4 runners were they had something appealing about them that you just didnt look at it like its an oversized elevated sation wagon... i am rambling i wll shut up now

·
Registered
240 Posts
The more I've been around our Pilot, the more and more I like it. I love the rear end of the Pilot. Those "Jag-like" tail lamps looks classy and give the Pilot a boost (IMO). The entire rear of the Pilot is well sculpted. The front looks aggresive and like I said before, I find myself liking it more and more each and every day!:4:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Stany, you're NOT alone. I, too, prefer the sensible Accord, and this is one '01 Accord fan who is keeping his.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
airgate said:
, I find myself liking it more and more each and every day!:4:
The rear is cool looking at it from straight in back of it I was talking about from the side, dont get me wrong i love my pilot too! more and more daily

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looks like a Honda

I've tried to draw similarities to other SUV's, but I keep coming to the same conclusion - It's ditinctively Honda. :4:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bonding

Is it me? I just can't seem to "bond" with my Sandstone (boring beige)w/cloth Pilot EX. After 6K miles, it still feels like a rent-a-car. My Black Pathfinder/w leather had charactor plus I was kept awake realizing that if I was involved in an accident, I would lose my feet.

So why did I buy the Honda? The dealer gave me a "deal" if I purchased off of the lot.

Does anyone want to trade a Black Pilot EX for a Sandstone Pilot EX with about 8K miles?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My boss has a Highlander, and we park right next to each other every workday. Even though I see the comparison/contrast every day, I still think that these two vehicles, though similar in some ways, are still quite distinctive from each other. My Pilot doesn't exactly dwarf the Highlander, but since it's taller and wider, you can really tell the difference in size when they are right next to each other, and I really think the front end of the Pilot is more aggressive in styling than is the Highlander. To my sensibilities (what little I actually have...) there is enough of a difference in styling between these two vehicles that they aren't blending together at all.

Phil Reedy

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Bonding

DA1776 said:
Is it me? I just can't seem to "bond" with my Sandstone (boring beige)w/cloth Pilot EX. After 6K miles, it still feels like a rent-a-car. My Black Pathfinder/w leather had charactor plus I was kept awake realizing that if I was involved in an accident, I would lose my feet.

So why did I buy the Honda? The dealer gave me a "deal" if I purchased off of the lot.

Does anyone want to trade a Black Pilot EX for a Sandstone Pilot EX with about 8K miles?
You shouldn't have settled! Color didn't matter to me, options did, but I am very happy with my sandstone (two kids - little time to wash THEM much less a car). Well, actually, if the redrock came with saddle interior it would have been my choice and I wouldn't have settled for anything else.

I imagine I know who your dealer was. I don't live in Charlotte, but Charlotte dealers' reputations are well known around here, and most people will drive the extra 30 minutes to Winston Salem rather than get taken to the cleaners in Charlotte. I actually drove to Tennessee instead of dealing with Hickory or Charlotte!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: Bonding

DA1776 said:

Why don't you ask PRG? :2: He might even offer you a trip to Hawaii :21:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I Love my Black Pilot. The first day after I bought the pilot. I took it to a park and parked next to a brand new Hilander (Or what ever it is called..) and the hil... owner couldn't take her eyes off my pilot.
She checked it out and said WOW.
Every day I am liking Pilot more and more. I am planning to go on vacation next month. I can't wait....

I think Honda's better re-sale value puts Pilot in the top most desirable buys in the market. :D :5:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bump

airgate said:
The more I've been around our Pilot, the more and more I like it.
While we've now owned our '03 Pilot for over a year, and I see more and more of them on my commute, I must admit that I am appreciating the front end styling of the Pilot more now.

I used to think that it was a 'CRV in a convex mirror' look or a 'hog-nosed' look, but lately it's been growing on me and the front end of the Pilot actually suits this mid-sized cross-over vehicle's style. I think I even like it now. Hmmm.

Anyone else seen that their opinions of the Pilot style has evolved over time?

Rob

1 - 20 of 28 Posts