Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When idling, our Pilot makes a continuous, very high-pitched sound. I can only hear it when no fans are running. Anyone else experience this? Could it just be the way the engine runs?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
It's prolly the fuel pump...coming from the left-rear quarter. Normal.

If u go to the MDX site and search for "fuel pump" a thread w/sample WAVs will pop up.

BTW, why is this in detailing? You whistle while you detail?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree this should be in "problems" but I don't know how to change it to that category. I have the same problem and have posted it but have not had a reply. I thought maybe I was the only one. Beginning at about 35 mph, I hear a faint, high-pitch sound (hard to describe - maybe even wind noise of some kind... sounds like an air conditioning compressor noise - but it is not). This is very constant but not real loud - road noise and of course the stereo can drown it out. I am going to check out the fuel pump post - but let me know if you discover the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
664 Posts
nckevpilot
Do you have an Air Deflector or Crossbars? Both have been known to cause wind noise and you may want to check for posts and solutions on these.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the EX model which comes with the luggage rack but no cross bars, etc. I was wondering if it could be the luggage rack that came with the Pilot? It has been a perfect vehicle except for a few sounds. Thanks for your response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts