Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There. I know Touring and Elite get different headlights. Additionally, Elite has LED high and low beams whereas Touring trim gets only low beams as LED.

I was wondering if I can get the high-beam bulbs and put in my touring. Or what is the bulb-type for 19 touring low-beams so that I can shop after-market LED replacements.

I just couldn't find a bulb type anywhere in the manual or online bulb lookup sites.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Touring and Elite have LED all around. I'd like LED high beams in my EXL. Any recommendations? Anyone know the Honda part number for LED high beam bulb? Thanks
Alas, that won't work. It's not a matter of a different bulb. The Touring/Elite headlight with LED high/low is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT unit and design than the lower trims that do not have LED high beam. I was at the dealer yesterday and verified this for myself. You'd have to replace the entire headlight unit. If it can be done at all, it's going to cost you more than $1,000 each just for the part. LED hi/low is the very reason I opted for the Touring.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Alas, that won't work. It's not a matter of a different bulb. The Touring/Elite headlight with LED high/low is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT unit and design than the lower trims that do not have LED high beam. I was at the dealer yesterday and verified this for myself. You'd have to replace the entire headlight unit. If it can be done at all, it's going to cost you more than $1,000 each just for the part. LED hi/low is the very reason I opted for the Touring.
Shouldn't there be aftermarket LED high beams for EX-L though or no? Most cars you can get them for so why isn't just a switching of bulbs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts