Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking of going the xenondepot route for a low beam HID kit, and thinking of going with the 5000K bulbs vs the 4300K or Philips 4300K. I have a '17 Accord Touring with OEM LEDs and they are the color I prefer. Maybe a little blue to some, but more white than blue from what I can see. Not sure what they would be rated as far as color temp, but that is the preference. As far as the Pilot, there are so many threads with so much info I'm getting lost in what is current, what is old, broken links, etc. Here's my strategy:

Low Beam: xenondepot for HID kit with 5000k bulbs
High Beam: LED bulbs from amazon, 5500k (just a bulb swap)
Fog Lights: LED bulbs from amazon, 5500k

Not having a whole lot of luck finding 5000k, but not sure how big of a deal that exact color rating is as I'm sure some vary by supplier, quality, etc. I see some 5500k.

Let me know if anyone thinks good or bad! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
It's gonna be pretty hard to match the colors of LED and HID bulbs, even more so when you are using different manufacturers.

My biggest suggestion is to carefully select the LED bulbs, I don't think any on Amazon will give you a good beam pattern. Check out Headlight Revolution's youtube channel, they review a lot of LED bulbs from a lot of manufacturers.

Honestly, for your fog lights I'd look to see if you can get one of the newer model's LED fog lights to fit (if the mounting points are the same) or maybe something like a Morimoto XB LED.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With more reading, it seems the 4300k Philips will burn in and be pretty close to the OEM LED DRLs. Doesn't have to match perfect, but close would be good. I just wonder how different the std 4300k bulbs look vs the Philips. Then for fogs, I was just looking for something a little more economical. The Morimoto's are over $200 for a set just for fogs.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
With more reading, it seems the 4300k Philips will burn in and be pretty close to the OEM LED DRLs. Doesn't have to match perfect, but close would be good. I just wonder how different the std 4300k bulbs look vs the Philips. Then for fogs, I was just looking for something a little more economical. The Morimoto's are over $200 for a set just for fogs.
Do it right not cheap. If you put in some crappy bulbs that throw light all over the place you are blinding other drivers. I will never get behind blinding other drivers to save a couple dollars, too many drivers do it and it has made night driving a real pain at times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts