Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've browsed this forum for a little while now, while trying to make my decision between the Pilot and an Explorer XLT. Since i'm saying hi, you all should know what my decision was. Our SS w/RES should be here by Tuesday (12-3). We were able to take advantage of Honda offering 3.99 APR this weekend and was only able to manage $600 off MSRP.

So, plan on seeing me around here. Lurking more often than posting since I browse quite a few forums. But fear not, my $.02 will be thrown in when needed :D .

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum! I see you made your decision and went for the Pilot! The Exploder, sorry Explorer. The Explorer would have meant a better price, lower quality, way lower resale value, and just a pain in the butt. If you want a way better quality SUV, extremely better resale value, and way less problems in the future get a Honda Pilot. It will be more expensive but worth it. Have had two Honda civics with no problems at ALL in seven years. My wife has a 98 Jimmy, nothing but a money pitt, and major headaches with service.

take care and good luck
rob

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome, I'm sure you'll love your Pilot.
When you get the VIN, add it to the table.. see link in my signature below. Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome. You made the right choice.
I had a rental 2002 Mountaineer for a week when they replaced my Mountaineer's transfer case (they rebuilt it twice before).
I thought about getting one but the week in it convinced me. No way (rough ride, noisy interior, poor quality and a whole lot more).
Resale wise my 98 Mountaineer (loaded) still sits in my driveway 5 months later priced 4K below book, so far no takers.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your Pilot.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Welcome ...

3.9 APR and 600 off MSRP is pretty good ... No worries, you got a great deal and a great SUV ...

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

PrG

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to this site 1314. Wish you the very best with your new Pilot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Howdy

Welcome... you made the right choice!

·
Registered
698 Posts
What does...

...1314 stand for?

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1314 = the build number of my other car. If you see 1314 post in other automobile forums, its probably me :) .

H-town = Houston. I've already discussed it with another member here via email. He was from a different H-town and thought he found a neighbor :( .

And by the way, I picked up our Pilot today. I work evenings and the salesman called at 5:30PM while I was at work. I talked to my supervisor and left early and got tomorrow off so i can play with our new toy. I'm actually waking up early to drop off the wife (Pilot will be her transportation) so i can have it all day.

I think i'll grab a few DVD's and fold the seats and sleep in it tonight :2: .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts