Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced all bulbs in climate control unit. Now I notice the Hi and Lo words are not being illuminated on the seat heater switches when the lights come on - only thr R and L letters are illuminated. The amber lights work. Are there separate bulbs for the Hi and Lo?
Anyone have a part number or know wher I can get replacement bulbs please?
I have an 2005 EX-L.

(Others posts seemed to be about the R and L bulbs only.)

Thanks!!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
You piqued my curiosity enough to go out and check my 2006, rather than rely on my memory. :)

With lights on, each seat heater button is backlit illuminated in light green inside the button. Then there is an amber light on the "high" side or on the "low" side whenever one of those options is toggled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could I ask further if the 'Lo' and 'Hi' words on these buttons are supposed to be illuminated? Mine are not lighting up and I can't see them at night. - Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Not on mine, anyway. None of them, so I'm guessing that's just the way they are, and the engineers figured if you can see the illuminated icon in the middle, you can intuitively deduce that toggling up is high and toggling down is low, and then the amber light on either side confirms it's on in accordance to those parameters respectively.

Depending on your trim level (NAV?), I've also seen the seat heater toggle switches installed horizontally. Granted, it may not be as immediately intuitively obvious as the above paradigm, but for people literate in most western languages, left to right is hardwired into our brains, at least that may be the tautological underpinnings of the design engineers' collective thinking.

Those whose native languages are, for example, Hebrew (right to left) or traditional Japanese (top right to bottom left) are SOL.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Just replaced all bulbs in climate control unit. Now I notice the Hi and Lo words are not being illuminated on the seat heater switches when the lights come on - only thr R and L letters are illuminated. The amber lights work. Are there separate bulbs for the Hi and Lo?
Anyone have a part number or know wher I can get replacement bulbs please?
I have an 2005 EX-L.

(Others posts seemed to be about the R and L bulbs only.)

Thanks!!
I probably shouldn't answer this because on my 2nd gen Pilot the heater switches don't have L and R letters on them. The driver's switch is on the left end of the bottom row of switches and the passenger's switch is over on the right end. No mixing them up at night.

The only bulb other than the amber leds is the regular general illumination bulbs for all controls. I don't see a specific bulb to light up the L and R. They do offer the entire switch assembly, so that may be the best way to go although it may not be worth the price of the entire switch ($25/ea) to you just to get your L and R to light up, if that's even what new switches would accomplish. Did they ever light up?

2005 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Seat Heater Switch | RockAuto

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably shouldn't answer this because on my 2nd gen Pilot the heater switches don't have L and R letters on them. The driver's switch is on the left end of the bottom row of switches and the passenger's switch is over on the right end. No mixing them up at night.

The only bulb other than the amber leds is the regular general illumination bulbs for all controls. I don't see a specific bulb to light up the L and R. They do offer the entire switch assembly, so that may be the best way to go although it may not be worth the price of the entire switch ($25/ea) to you just to get your L and R to light up, if that's even what new switches would accomplish. Did they ever light up?

2005 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Seat Heater Switch | RockAuto
Guess everything is AOK. The R and L light up and the amber lights work. Guess there aren't any bulbs for the Lo and Hi. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
There we go. One fewer thing to worry about in this world of ours. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts