Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I find it quite the same, but then I give the fries a quick mist of cooking oil. Not enough to even drip, just a tiny spritz. Keeps the fries from sticking to the basket.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Hmm, I've got to try this newfangled contraption which was invented after my Pilot.

In 2010, Philips introduced the Airfryer, a new kitchen appliance at the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA), a consumer electronics fair in Berlin. It was developed using the patented Rapid Air technology.
So a little spritz of Pam genetically-modified rapeseed oil? I remember trying to cook something with Pam as a young teenager, and a middle-aged friend of my mother's gave me a disapproving scowl.

Fun fact:
Canola was originally a trademark name of the Rapeseed Association of Canada, and the name was a condensation of "Can" from Canada and "OLA " meaning "Oil, low acid", but is now a generic term for edible varieties of rapeseed oil in North America and Australia.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My mom uses an air fryer all the time... never had an issue and it does a pretty good job with fries and tots and other things.

My mom wanted to make a birthday dinner for my oldest, so we had a roast turkey with mashed potatoes, corn, gravy and some of my wife's homemade sourdough bread.

Today is her birthday and she has been insisting on IHOP for breakfast, so I guess I'm having Classic Breakfast Crepes this morning.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Go for the bacon temptation omelette with a side order of pancakes.

I love the breakfast crepes since I can get an omelette at many restaurants but not crepes. Plus bacon isn't their strong suit, the crumbles on the crepe is good.

IHOP? Have you no Waffle House? Remember crisis’s are gaged by the Waffle House Index. 😆

Breakfast safety is a must.
This may be bad parenting but I've never taken her to one. Waffle House was a late night staple growing up, my grandmother would call at 11 PM while some of us were home from college and we'd meet her and hang out until 1 AM. I'll have to make a point of that soon.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Well it's take out Friday and all is good for dinner. Remembered the other day that I got a Outback Steakhouse gift card for Christmas. Dug it out so Outback it is tonight. Made a Strawberry pie for desert. Not the one I had planned on but one that has been made before. Super simple to make, especially the night before. No bake, except for blind baking the crust.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,335 Posts
For lunch today it’s a left over grilled burger, kale salad with a home made balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and a sparkling water.
B291A5B2-9475-47DE-91AB-0AFBAE03EBB5.jpeg

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I see what you did there.

Needs a bit of ketchup.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,335 Posts
Well it's take out Friday and all is good for dinner. Remembered the other day that I got a Outback Steakhouse gift card for Christmas. Dug it out so Outback it is tonight. Made a Strawberry pie for desert. Not the one I had planned on but one that has been made before. Super simple to make, especially the night before. No bake, except for blind baking the crust.
View attachment 136468
That pie looks delicious. Hopefully the misses only wanted a small piece, and the rest was all yours.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,335 Posts
A bit of horseradish in the mustard definitely would have heightened the burger consumption experience. I used brown spicy from Trader Joe’s so it was a close second for my tastebuds.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,335 Posts
Had to make use of the grilled chicken breast from yesterday’s dinner, so tonight’s meal is a kale salad topped with chicken & tomatoes, a small side of rice, and a can of sparkling water.
A34F497C-9CF2-4ACF-A9C8-4933021B57E6.jpeg

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Dinner was meatloaf made with beef and lamb and roasted rosemary potatoes.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
121 - 140 of 145 Posts