Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Redneck Greek cuisine?
Works for me, and the smell makes the neighbors jealous.

'Sides, we plum outta squirrel meat, pa.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Works for me, and the smell makes the neighbors jealous.

'Sides, we plum outta squirrel meat, pa.

Had something similar occur several years ago.
I noticed that the lights dimmed, briefly, and went outside to have a look around.
There is a dogwood tree adjacent to the corner of the house to which the power service drop lines are attached.
Squirrels seem to find the dogwood berries irresistible.
I observed an expired critter with its jaws around the top power wire, its front legs resting on the middle wire and its hind legs resting on the bottom wire. Apparently, he wanted his meal warmed up a bit.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What kind of smoker? No I'm not going to try and sell you a Yoder. I have a Fireboard wireless thermometer system and they make a little device to regulate the temp in most any device that is fairly cheap. Cheaper than a new smoker by a long shot.
Pit Barrel Cooker...

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
If there is a bottom air vent then this just might work for you. Snap-on Blower 20 CFM

You would need a Fireboard thermometer and a temp probe plus the controller cable, but you should be able to use less fuel for a lower temp and the blower would bring it to the temp you want.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If there is a bottom air vent then this just might work for you. Snap-on Blower 20 CFM

You would need a Fireboard thermometer and a temp probe plus the controller cable, but you should be able to use less fuel for a lower temp and the blower would bring it to the temp you want.
If you look at the bottom in the middle it has a round plate that covers a round hole, you open that up and put rebar in or our of the top holes to control temp. I always run mine as closed as it will get and 300 is about as low as it goes.

It's a good, no fuss no thinking type of unit which I like. It inejcts good smoke flavor into any food cooked on it, but if your piece of meat is too small it will cook it too fast and the fat won't quite render out like you want. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to a better smoker, I have a cousin who has 5 or 6 right now and does competitions and what not.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
And here is tonights supper. Simple, light, served with a side salad.

I make meals like this for a reason. Someone once asked me why I drink no calorie soda. Simple answer: So I can eat real cake. Same thing with a light meal like this. Bring on the burgers tomorrow night. 😆

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Same thing with a light meal like this. Bring on the burgers tomorrow night. 😆
Fer thu saime raison ah'm fixin' a laight supper uv Walmart corn dawgs 'n' No Name brand canned peas. So ah kin be good 'n' hongry if the vissisitudinous gods of road kill gib me a squirrel tomorrah that's good eatin'.

[See, I'm allowed to make such cultural appropriation jokes because one of my oldest friends is from Arkansas (true) and one of my newest is from Kansas (hopefully true). :)]

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The wife mad broccoli cheddar risotto last night... it was basically like a heartier version of broccoli cheddar soup, I quite enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
How much would you have enjoyed that risotto if the cheddar cheese had been omitted?
My wife does all kind of risotto... I eat all of them with no second thoughts because they are all delicious. I LOVE cheese, so I am the type to add it to anything if I can. I also quite like broccoli, it's one of my go to veggies on the grill, baked with some lemon and rosemary, steamed, etc.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Burgers are on the grill and french fries are in the air fryer. In about 12 minutes it will be supper time.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Whenever I grill anything the dogs have learned that they are not allowed out until after the grilling is done. No one wants dog slobber on the grilling utensils and they hang from the grill shelf. Once the food is done, then they are allowed out to lick up any drippings on the deck.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Burgers are on the grill and french fries are in the air fryer. In about 12 minutes it will be supper time.
Great minds think alike. That's what's on my grill tonight.

Sad I don't have an air fryer, but the Korean barbecue sauce and goat cheese will be on duty for the burgers.

Whenever I'd grill beef, my dog would start drooling.

This dog has just a mild case:

Ours used to too, before we lost her last year. Now I have to drool for the both of us.:)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
This is my air fryer. Wanted a second oven and I am not going to totally redo the kitchen just to put in a double oven and this works as a great substitute. It provides me a second oven, broiler, an air fryer, a dehydrator, proofer and even a slow cooker. Whole lit cheaper than 30K to redo a perfectly good kitchen.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
This is my air fryer. Wanted a second oven and I am not going to totally redo the kitchen just to put in a double oven and this works as a great substitute. It provides me a second oven, broiler, an air fryer, a dehydrator, proofer and even a slow cooker. Whole lit cheaper than 30K to redo a perfectly good kitchen.
Hmm, Wikipedia (the go-to source for the repository of human knowledge nowadays) says:

The taste and consistency of foods cooked using traditional fried methods compared with air fried techniques are not identical, because the larger quantity of oil used in traditional frying penetrates the foods (or the coating batter, if it is used) and adds its own flavor.
Obviously it's healthier because it uses less oil, but how would you say the taste compares to real deep frying?

101 - 120 of 145 Posts