Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Enjoy those ribs for dinner. I’m having 5 minute veggie chili (can of kidney beans, can of diced tomatoes, and some chili power, cumin, and Parmesan cheese to flavor it) microwaved for four minutes for lunch. Some nice fall off the bone ribs would sure be a nice complement to my meatless entree.🙂
View attachment 136304
Is 5 minute chill like three step chill?

Step 1. Open Can

Step 2. Pour into pot

Step 3. Heat

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Enjoy those ribs for dinner. I’m having 5 minute veggie chili (can of kidney beans, can of diced tomatoes, and some chili power, cumin, and Parmesan cheese to flavor it) microwaved for four minutes for lunch. Some nice fall off the bone ribs would sure be a nice complement to my meatless entree.🙂
View attachment 136304
Just add some of that plant-based synthetic meat:

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,335 Posts
Is 5 minute chill like three step chill?

Step 1. Open Can

Step 2. Pour into pot

Step 3. Heat
Mine involved opening two cans and three containers. Much more complicated.😅

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,335 Posts
Just add some of that plant-based synthetic meat:

That is scary how similar that looks like ground beef. I might have to try that for the heck of it one of these days.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
For starters, you could try a Burger King Impossible Whopper:

One of my daughters is into this. I'm waiting for a 60 Minutes episode where it is revealed NOT to be Soylent Green. :p

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Only exotic thing we had over the weekend was a lasagna from Trinacria in Little Italy this weekend. I generally hate lasagna because I hate store bought ricotta, but theirs is fresh and amazing.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Tonights dinner is Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, and Lemon. A lite fare with no animal products in it.

Of course tomorrow night is burgers on the grill. I have one uncooked pork chop in the freezer and bought a chuck roast on sale at the mega mart. When ever possible I like to grind my own meat for burgers. If I am doing just beef I have no reservations of having a bit of pink in my burgers. If adding other uncooked meats I always do well done, but this way I get a the grind I want and the seasoning is throughout the meat instead of just on top.

My favorite burger recipe is a 2ish pound chuck roast and a half pound of smoked brisket. That makes for one tasty burger, but I have no brisket left by this time of the year. What I smoked, vacuum sealed and froze last fall has all been devoured.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
No egg in the pasta?

Post a photo of that 2½ lb. burger.

You wanted a photo, you got a photo. Full 2 lb burger.

When I make my burgers I always make 8, 5 ounce burgers from 2.5 lbs of meat. 5 ounce or bigger burgers are for grilling. Thinner 1/4 lb burgers are for cooking on a griddle.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Tonights dinner is Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, and Lemon. A lite fare with no animal products in it.

Of course tomorrow night is burgers on the grill. I have one uncooked pork chop in the freezer and bought a chuck roast on sale at the mega mart. When ever possible I like to grind my own meat for burgers. If I am doing just beef I have no reservations of having a bit of pink in my burgers. If adding other uncooked meats I always do well done, but this way I get a the grind I want and the seasoning is throughout the meat instead of just on top.

My favorite burger recipe is a 2ish pound chuck roast and a half pound of smoked brisket. That makes for one tasty burger, but I have no brisket left by this time of the year. What I smoked, vacuum sealed and froze last fall has all been devoured.
Sounds like a good burger recipe, but my "smoker" cooks around 300 and will cook a brisket too quickly.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
What kind of smoker? No I'm not going to try and sell you a Yoder. I have a Fireboard wireless thermometer system and they make a little device to regulate the temp in most any device that is fairly cheap. Cheaper than a new smoker by a long shot.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Barbecued souvlaki with tzatziki sauce on a bed of parboiled long grain rice, feta salad and red wine. Had to reward myself last night for the high performance grocery getting.

81 - 100 of 145 Posts