Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pretty much says it all. Share what you're having for supper, even if it is just in spirit.

I fixed Mexican Shredded Chuck Roast Tacos, Chips, Salsa, Mexican beans and Strawberry Rhubarb pie for desert.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We supported a local restaurant for cinco de mayo. Chicken quesadillas and my wife got a margarita. I had a couple Millers Lites I already had at home.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts

I love their refined gourmet marketing slogan: "OVER 1 LB OF FOOD"

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this early in the morning I can tell you what's for supper. I wasn't raised to waste food so tonight is left over Pork loin roast brazed in hard cider red onions dried fruits and herbs along with a side of quinoa and spinach and a side salad. This was Sunday's dinner.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We supported a local restaurant for cinco de mayo. Chicken quesadillas and my wife got a margarita. I had a couple Millers Lites I already had at home.
And they loved you for it. They were probably quietly laughing, but I know they appreciated the support. My secretary, before I retired, is Hispanic of Mexican descent and she let me know the very first year that cinco de mayo is a gringo holiday. The Mexican people celebrate Mexican Independence day, which is September 18th.

Oh did I celebrate September 18th. You bet. I "worked late" that evening. After she left I hung a piñata over her desk, put several little Mexican flags on the desk, hung a large banner on the front of her desk and covered the entire wall behind her desk with with green white an red streamer, from ceiling to floor, twisted of course, in nice spirals.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
And they loved you for it. They were probably quietly laughing, but I know they appreciated the support. My secretary, before I retired, is Hispanic of Mexican descent and she let me know the very first year that cinco de mayo is a gringo holiday. The Mexican people celebrate Mexican Independence day, which is September 18th.

Oh did I celebrate September 18th. You bet. I "worked late" that evening. After she left I hung a piñata over her desk, put several little Mexican flags on the desk, hung a large banner on the front of her desk and covered the entire wall behind her desk with with green white an red streamer, from ceiling to floor, twisted of course, in nice spirals.
Well the restaurant we patronized was a local bar that has really good food and is owned by a bunch of suburban white folk whose kids we went to high school with. So not too much laughing there since we know quite a few of the people and have left generous tips throughout this event.

We stayed away from the mohican restaurants assuming they would all be packed.

And yes, we are aware it is a gringo holiday but I have a 6 (almost 7) and 4 year old, so any little thing to get them excited given everything going on we have been using. Get them out of the house while we go pick up the food, sat in a park parking lot (since noone is allowed to be in the parks still) to eat the food in some fresh air, etc.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the restaurant we patronized was a local bar that has really good food and is owned by a bunch of suburban white folk whose kids we went to high school with. So not too much laughing there since we know quite a few of the people and have left generous tips throughout this event.

We stayed away from the mohican restaurants assuming they would all be packed.

And yes, we are aware it is a gringo holiday but I have a 6 (almost 7) and 4 year old, so any little thing to get them excited given everything going on we have been using. Get them out of the house while we go pick up the food, sat in a park parking lot (since noone is allowed to be in the parks still) to eat the food in some fresh air, etc.
That's as priceless as the Italian restaurant that both my boys worked at in high school. Mid range Italian restaurant serving classical Italian food. The entire kitchen staff was of course Hispanic. They did know how to prepare proper and tasty Italian food.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Their other slogan is "SATISFAIT L'INSATIABLE".

Thought I recognized a Hoser accent, and sure enough when I switched to watching directly on YouTube I saw he was from Canada.

What he got right:
  1. It does have a lot of sodium. But look on the bright side: I never have to buy salt and I don't even need to incur the expense of owning my own salt shaker.
  2. One should have an extensive CD collection and display it proudly.
  3. Who needs a wife and family now that there are TV dinners in the modern world? Besides, you've got alimony and child support payments to make.
  4. The proper way to eat a TV dinner is while balancing it on your gut.
What he got wrong:
  1. Don't microwave it. If you do it's too labor intensive because you have to take it out halfway to rearrange the contents. Ain't nobody got time fo' that. Just shove it into a conventional oven and set the timer for 45 min. while you go post on your favorite forum.
  2. Don't politely cover your mouth when you burp alone at home. Let it all out and resonate from here to kingdom come.
  3. Don't make faces while tasting. Be stoic and smile. Suck it up, buttercup.
  4. Leave the Hungry Man empty boxes well visible in a clear plastic bag in front of your house on recycling day. All the neighborhood hot-to-trot divorcées will beat a path to your door.
Other thoughts:
  • If we can put a man on the moon, when will they come up with a TV dinner where you don't have to peel away the plastic film over the dessert before putting it in the oven? The whole point is I can't be bothered with actual time-consuming and adroit cooking procedures.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Other thoughts:
  • If we can put a man on the moon, when will they come up with a TV dinner where you don't have to peel away the plastic film over the dessert before putting it in the oven? The whole point is I can't be bothered with actual time-consuming and adroit cooking procedures.
All you need to know is that it's a "Mexican" frozen meal that's only labeled in English and French.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If we can put a man on the moon, when will they come up with a TV dinner where you don't have to peel away the plastic film over the dessert before putting it in the oven? The whole point is I can't be bothered with actual time-consuming and adroit cooking procedures.
I'm guessing you also use this brand of toilet paper.

Life is short my friend. Good food and good toilet paper makes life much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
While a Google image search for "US toilet paper" turns up scenes of recent hoarding, empty shelves, shortages and the ensuing fighting, the same search on Bing shows results that are downright disrespectful. I do not condone this.

On the other hand, you'd expect a search for "Kansas toilet paper" to take you to a weathered old man shouting at his son, "Boy, you think toilet paper grows on trees? Go out behind the chicken shack by the edge of the field that ain't gonna fertilize itself, squat, and when yer done use a corn husk like I did, and my pappy before me, and his pappy before him!"

You wouldn't be too far off. :p

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you shave, sh*t , then shower ( IN THOSE ORDER ) , you will never need toilet paper

:LOL:
If however you should sh*t, shower then shave you won't need toilet paper for all the nicks you get by shaving un-moisturized whiskers. Well, unless all you are shaving is your imagination. 🤣

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
If you shave, sh*t , then shower ( IN THOSE ORDER ) , you will never need toilet paper

:LOL:
Have you ever visited the Philippines? You might enjoy a "tabo."

1 - 20 of 145 Posts