Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there aren't many of us around, but I'd like to find out anyway.....

How are the cloth seats holding up for you? Given the endless posts about "saggy leather seats," are you seeing any apparent defects in the cloth upholstery? Has anybody noticed any real wear showing on the cloth seats, involving either the cloth itself or seams?

One other cloth-related question.....have any of you added any sort of protective cover/cushion to your seats? (The side airbags supposedly prevent wool or any other type of conventional seat covers from being used.)

:4: :17: :4:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The seats have held up very nicely for us. My wife probably ends up getting in & out of that car close to a dozen times before the day's through. There aren't any visible signs of wear, yet, anyway.

I thought about applying one of those 3M Scotchgard sprays, but I'm not too thrilled about having to use chemical products for anything, if I can avoid it. My girls are quite careful in the car anyway. I have thought about using some kinda cover, but I didn't know it affected the side airbag system, so, may be I'll scrap that idea.

·
Registered
747 Posts
cloth seat is better

just go to ebay and serach seats for any particular vehicle. (300zx, RX7 in my case) You will find most of leather seats with over 5 years sag, worn, tear.... you name it. Cloth seat on the other hand, often kept in much better shape. The most common problem is stained.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nope

No problems here..with either of our pilots! Seats are great. The only thing they are missing is an auto remember seat adjustment. For the quality of this vechile it is beyond me why they left that feature out!
:8:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I Have Those Cloth Seats

My wife and I opted for the cloth seats when we purchased our PILOT-EX, because having leather didn't make a difference for us and neither did the RES or NAV systems.

I have nearly 18,000 miles on our PILOT, I am the primary driver and the seats are holding up great!!!!

I am not seeing any wear and tear on the seats and as for stainguarding the material. I have found if you spill something on the seats and are able to clean it up fairly quickly - the seats won't stain.

I had leather seats in my last SUV - and I haven't once regretted buying another vehicle without them.

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
185 Posts
1st Anniversary

Coming up on a year now with no issues.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everybody, for your replies.

I've been so pleased with the cloth upholstery in my Honda vehicles, the '98 Civic EX and now the Pilot. The Civic's seats still show little wear, and the Pilot's cloth still looks no different at 6000+miles than it looked the first day.

Glad to see everyone's experience--thus far--has been positive! Just be sure to get to any stain boo boos quickly!

·
Registered
199 Posts
My cloth is holding up great. I put a cover on the back seat (and the cargo tray) because we carry muddy, active border collies around a lot. The front seats look like new. I purposely got the cloth because I prefer its look, feel, durability, and minimal car.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Cloth Rules!

We wanted the cloth rather than the leather because of past experience with Honda cloth interiors.

We have ordered a sideless sheepskin cover for each of the front seats. They are made by Miss Sideless and the quality looks great in the pictures. The Pilot covers are not in production yet but will be soon. We have our order in on the waiting list for our set.

Here is the link Miss Sideless

Let us know if you have any experience with these seat covers..please.

Don

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Cloth Rules!

dandbtucker said:
We wanted the cloth rather than the leather because of past experience with Honda cloth interiors.

We have ordered a sideless sheepskin cover for each of the front seats. They are made by Miss Sideless and the quality looks great in the pictures. The Pilot covers are not in production yet but will be soon. We have our order in on the waiting list for our set.

Here is the link Miss Sideless

Let us know if you have any experience with these seat covers..please.

Don
Thanks much for the tip about the sideless sheepskin covers! I'll definitely be checking it out.

I've had good-quality, WASHABLE sheepskin covers in the past and thought I'd get a pair again if the right thing came along.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No problems here.

I generally tend to keep my vehicles to the 100k range and really have not had any problem with cloth. Just sold my 1993 Mercury Villager with 124k on it, and the seats looked virtually like new (and I have 2 teenagers who were a lot younger when I bought the van new).

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We had an Accord with cloth seats for 3 years, and they still looked like new when we traded it in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
No problems here.
I have the 3M Scotchgard done to it when new and now I have 7k on it with no problems. My Audi has leather but I prefer cloth seats.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BMWRT said:
No problems here.
I have the 3M Scotchgard done to it when new and now I have 7k on it with no problem. My Audi has leather but I prefer cloth seats.
GO CLOTH!!!! Didn't know there were so many of us out here. Just glad to hear everybody's still lovin' their cloth upholstery!

:7:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Nearly one year old, and our cloth seats look GREAT!!!!

We've had a number of spills, mud and dirt in the back from our kids, but it has always cleaned up easily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts