Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2018 Pilot EX AWD Sunday evening. While shopping for it my wife and I both asked the saleslady if the towing capacity is 5,000lbs (that’s what Explorer, Highlander are with the V6 engine). They told us yes it tows 5,000lbs. I even tried negotiating them to include the trailer hitch install but they would not budge on that. During that negotiations I had asked once more and the manager also told me it tows 5,000. Monday evening I was reading the owners manual and discovered that an ATF cooler is required to get to 5,000lbs. I went out and there is no cooler installed. I called the dealer and asked them to install the cooler free of charge because I was very clearly told at least 4 times that this car tows 5,000lbs. The manager told me it tows 5,000 and the service manager then told me it will tow 5,000 without the cooler and not to worry about what the owners manual states. When I pressed them that it is a safety issue they admitted it but told me they need to get approval to do the install. Since then I have not been able to get ahold of them, they did not return my 4 phone calls today. I plan to go into the dealership tomorrow. I filed a complaint with Honda. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed? I’m very upset they are not owning up to this and will not just install this $200 cooler and give me the car I thought I was buying. This dealer also tried to throw in a maintence package during financing after we clearly told them we did not want any extras. They tried to throw it back in when just my wife was there (I had left the dealer to take our very tired and winey 8 month old home). Luckily my wife text me the monthly rate and I knew it was way too high and we caught them in the act. The dealer is Hendricks Honda of Woodbridge Virginia. They also delivered the car dirty (door jams, running boards, dusty dash) and missing a tire pressure cap. I’m very upset at this dealer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts