Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t found much through searching so I figured I’d ask here.

Does anyone have any experience with Hendrick Autoguard as a HondaCafe alternative? The dealer gave me the pitch that they cover more items than Hondacare. I told him how much I could get HondaCare for and he brought the price down to a competitive point.

I have always been against third party warranties and always gone with HondaCare, but I’ve never had to use it. Most third party warranties are sketchy but I think Hendrick is not backed by an insurance company, it backed by Hendrick. Not sure what I should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you SURE the Hendrick product is backed by Hendrick? Read the fine print for both policies. And make sure you know what's covered and what's not. You might want to talk to the service manager and ask a few pointed questions about "what happens if"...
As an example, one of the things that failed on our '07 were the control arm bushings. Would that be covered by either policy?
We had a Hendrick maintenance plan on our '07 Pilot and it worked well. I got a little worried in the 08-09 timeframe when a lot of dealers were going out of business, but of course Hendrick stayed whole.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the Hendrick plan from Honda Cars of McKinney Texas on both my Pilot and Accord. They pushed the crap out of it, but I got similar pricing by simply saying I could get HondaCare from Saccuzi (didn't tell them actual name) for XXX so why buy theirs. They worked with me to a negligible difference that I was satisfied. I keep my cars a while (2017 pilot bought after selling my 2002 Tahoe and 2018 Accord bought after my 2004 Accord reached 200k). Accord could have gone longer, but I really wanted that new tech called bluetooth and a decent speaker system! Happy with both so far.

Happy to share pricing via PM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts