Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Torque Pro (using Veepeak reader) on my 2018 Pilot EX and surprised that I cannot read engine coolant or oil temperature. I was able to write the extra PID for transmission temp (thanks forum), but do you have to also write your own coolant and oil? The gauge for coolant temperature shows as part of what was with Torque Pro when I dowmloaded the app. Anyone have a solution?

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
I just installed Torque Pro (using Veepeak reader) on my 2018 Pilot EX and surprised that I cannot read engine coolant or oil temperature. I was able to write the extra PID for transmission temp (thanks forum), but do you have to also write your own coolant and oil? The gauge for coolant temperature shows as part of what was with Torque Pro when I dowmloaded the app. Anyone have a solution?
My coolant temp is there. It's defaulted at 165.2° because of S-VCM disabling device.

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Found the oil temp. Can't get it to display in F instead of C for some reason.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is what I have found to work for engine coolant temperature and transmission oil temperature. Thanks to Dimitron84 on the Civic forum:
PID: 0167
LONG NAME: Engine Coolant
SHORT NAME: ECT
MIN VALUE: -40
MAX VALUE: 300
SCALE: X1
UNIT: C
EQUATION: B-40
And to rpengr of the Piloteers:
PID: 222201
LONG NAME: Transmission Temperature F
SHORT NAME: ATF Temp
MIN VALUE: -40
MAX VALUE: 300
SCALE FACTOR: X1
EQUATION: AA*(9/5)-40

The Unit value of C is needed in the coolant, but no Unit value is placed in the transmission PID. Torque Pro states that all values from OBD2 are metric and you select the units you wish to see in Settings under Unit preferences. I saw some custom PID's that had corrections for Centigrade to Fahrenheit but that does not seem to be necessary (and they did not work). I am not sure what the 9/5 does in the Transmission Equation as this factor is part of a temperature conversion. Still looking for Engine Oil Temperature, but not sure if Honda OBD2 reports it. Why is it such a struggle to be able to read the OBD2's. I am trying to set this up so when I start pulling a travel trailer, I will have a better idea what my Pilot is doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found the oil temp. Can't get it to display in F instead of C for some reason.
Someone else on the forum said there is no temp sensor on 2012 Honda Civic, so my Torque Pro app doesn't show anything from the PID code 0x5C.
I was hoping all Hondas use the same non-standard PID codes. Were you able to read the oil temperature from PID code 5C?

·
Registered
11,507 Posts
Someone else on the forum said there is no temp sensor on 2012 Honda Civic, so my Torque Pro app doesn't show anything from the PID code 0x5C.
I was hoping all Hondas use the same non-standard PID codes. Were you able to read the oil temperature from PID code 5C?
Sorry, i dont know, I never tried that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts