Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot in need of new tires. Will be used by newly licensed teenage son. As we live in Mass and can get terrible snow / slush storms in winter I was thinking all terrain tires. Firestone has a sale on the previous version of the Destination AT's for $83 / tire. The price is very attractive. I have read reviews that A/T's are good in snow slush. Does anyone have an opinion. They are aggressive so I am not sure what kind of ride, handling, noise or gas mileage I'll get. I did notice the new Destination LE2's have the severe snow peak designation. I have never had dedicated snow tires before and would like to avoid the added expense of an additional set of tires if I can, But I also want my kid to be able to drive safely in this large SUV. Thanks for any opinions and insight.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
If I can't convince you to go with dedicated snow tires (would you want the Bruins out on the ice in beach sandals?:)), then at least get a tire that has the snow designation. A/Ts are good in the mud, but not so much on snow and ice.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot in need of new tires. Will be used by newly licensed teenage son. As we live in Mass and can get terrible snow / slush storms in winter I was thinking all terrain tires. I have never had dedicated snow tires before and would like to avoid the added expense of an additional set of tires if I can, But I also want my kid to be able to drive safely in this large SUV. Thanks for any opinions and insight.
Nokian WR G4 SUV - All-Weather tires / Nokian Tires

Firestone WeatherGrip | All-Weather Touring Tires | Firestone Tires

https://www.toyotires.com/product/celsius-cuv

https://www.vredestein.com/car-suv-van/tyre-finder/tyres/product/3/885-quatrac-5

·
Registered
313 Posts
We put a set of the Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires on my wife’s RL and have been very pleased with them in the rain and what little show we get in TN. 40,000 miles so far.
I had never heard of the brand before but glad I gave them a try.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,335 Posts
Last set I put on were Bridgestone Ecopia. It was like those horrid GY integrity tires they came with from the factory. But they were cheap.

Best tires I used were Michelin, but that brand's long wearing ability could age out long before they are worn out which is silly given how much they cost.

I think you'd do fine with the Firestone if that brand works for you. But I'd prefer the LE over AT.
I have had good experience with cooper brand tires so don't discount them.

The link to Tire rack will help you focus in on what makes sense to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts