Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Help with inside photo

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  kemosabe 
#1 ·
First let me say what a great site this is.:) It has been a great help when researching the Pilot. My problem is I have no access to a dealer without taking a plane or a ferry off of the island I live on. I would really like to get a good idea of what colors I'm leaning toward before I invest in a plane ticket to go see one. Would anyone with a sandstone be willing to take pics of the interior so I can get an idea? I am also thinking about the silver with gray interior. If anyone could do this and display the pics on here for me to look at I would really appreciate it. I did look at the gallery on this page but could not find any that showed detailed interior views. Thank you.!!!

PS: I am looking at leather and cloth.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Thank you so much!!! The gray looks much darker than it looks on the Honda website, or is there light and dark gray to choose from? I love the silver and gray but also like the sandstone. I have never had anything but a gray interior so not sure how well I will like that saddle color. It looks darker in some of the pics then lighter in others. Does anyone have any pics of the fern interior??

#4 ·
Jule said:
Thank you so much!!! The gray looks much darker than it looks on the Honda website, or is there light and dark gray to choose from? I love the silver and gray but also like the sandstone. I have never had anything but a gray interior so not sure how well I will like that saddle color. It looks darker in some of the pics then lighter in others. Does anyone have any pics of the fern interior??
Jule - There's 2 shades of gray. The lighter shade is the Fern. You should request a brochure from a dealer or the Honda web site. Short of actually seeing the colors, that's probably the best way to determine what the color really looks like. IMO, you have to many variables involved when trying to judge colors online.

#5 ·
JULE:

You're asking all the questions I did when purchasing my Pilot.
I thought for sure I'd love the saddle interior until I saw it in person, it looks too "orangy" for my taste. I was hoping for a light buff leather I guess. :8:
Then I reluctantly checked out the silver with gray interior, thinking that I wouldn't like the gray. But I was instead impressed with the overall look of the gray, being slightly darker than I expected and coordinating with the brushed aluminum and black leather accents on the doors and black leather wrap steering wheel. It looks great in person. I liked it so much, I bought the Silver/Grey, and have not once regretted it.
Would love to see Honda do a black leather in a black Pilot though ;) Just to look at, not to wash. My silver has not been washed in a month, and just looks less shiny, but NOT dirty...another plus of the starlight silver.

You will love your Pilot by the way! Keep us posted on her arrival, this is a great site, full of great people.

#6 ·
Jule said:
Here ya go Jule. Pics of the Fern interior. Just remember - It is Not in Anyway green! Just light gray.

http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=408

Welcome :29:

#7 ·
Thanks everyone!!
I already ordered the brochure last week, it should be here soon. The more I look the more I really like the silver and gray.:) I am so glad you pointed out that the fern is actually a light gray I just assumed it was green. So Is there another light Gray or is the fern the light Gray everyone is talking about. Sorry if I'm confusing you. We are thinking of heading down to BC to a Honda dealer.(It's the closest one) Are the colors the same in Canada or am I wasting my time? It would be the cheapest way for me to see the colors in person.

Pilotmom, Can you suggest any dealers in the northwest? I am sure when we are ready to buy it will have to be in that area. Thanks again everyone!

Ok one last question. Is the activity tray in the 2nd row also an armrest ? I have not yet seen it folded down. Everything I have read describes it as a activity center?:confused:

#8 ·
How are you planning on getting the Pilot serviced anyway??? Are you gonna get some sled dogs and mush it across the ice to the nearest Honda dealer???

#9 ·
Jule said:
Ok one last question. Is the activity tray in the 2nd row also an armrest ? I have not yet seen it folded down. Everything I have read describes it as a activity center?:confused:
Not a good one.

Its too low and not padded to be an arm rest.
But it is a good kid-separator!

#10 ·
How are you planning on getting the Pilot serviced anyway??? Are you gonna get some sled dogs and mush it across the ice to the nearest Honda dealer???
Oh Boy that was funny!!:D Actually it does not snow that much here in this part of AK trust me the midwest is much worse. We will only be living up here for another year then it will be back to the real world. Just for the record though, you can get your car serviced over in BC and believe me buying the ferry ticket and hotel cost is much cheaper than getting it serviced in this town.

#13 ·
Jule said:
Pilotmom, Can you suggest any dealers in the northwest? I am sure when we are ready to buy it will have to be in that area. Thanks again everyone!
In September when we bought our Pilot, Western WA was a pretty tough market (MSRP+several K). I don't know what it is like now.

We would up dealing with Greg McKinley at Honda of Spokane and saved thousands. He deals in alot of "out of the area" transactions and is a straight shooter. He would probably tell you whether it was worth your time or not.

#14 ·
Jule said:

Hey Jule, I loved my dealership...it's West Hills Honda in Bremerton Washington. I went through Costco Online, and PJ Zellinsky was my authorized contact. He called me right after I submitted my costco membership #. I purchased my Pilot for about $100 under MSRP saving me $5000 off the 2nd sticker with absolutely NO HAGGLING. Total ended up being $30,858 for an EX-L. No RES, no NAVI. Not even mudguards...just bought those off Ebay for $30. I did have a little luck in that my Pilot was incoming and didn't have to pay for any options that I didn't want. I'll have to say that PJ is wonderful and there is NO pressure. He calls all the time just to see If I'm happy. I have no complaints about my experience. The drawback is that there is no Honda competition in the area...so the 2nd sticker was purely dealer mark-up.
The center console is pretty shallow, and when not flipped down stays completely flush with the seat backs. When down it's great for sippy cups and small magna doodles. The kids think it's great because it's "theirs". I wish I had my digital cam to shoot some photos for you.

#15 ·
74PILOTMOM said:

The center console is pretty shallow, and when not flipped down stays completely flush with the seat backs. When down it's great for sippy cups and small magna doodles. The kids think it's great because it's "theirs". I wish I had my digital cam to shoot some photos for you.
This image of the activity tray is straight out of the Honda Pilot brochure:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.